How to prevent top row from scrolling in Excel?
When scrolling worksheet down in Excel, the top heading row is hidden. Sometimes, we need to keep the top row always visible when scrolling down. This article will introduce some tricks to prevent top row from scrolling and keep visible all the time.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
This method is talking about preventing the top rows from scrolling in active worksheet with the Freeze Panes feature in Excel. Please do as follows:
Click View > Freeze Panes > Freeze Top Row to freeze the top row in active worksheet. See screenshot:
So far the top row in active worksheet has been locked, and it cannot be scrolled any more.
Note: You can disable the Freeze Top Row with clicking the View > Freeze Panes > Unfreeze Panes. See screenshot:
If you have Kutools for Excel installed, its Freeze panes multiple worksheets utility can help you prevent top rows in multiple worksheets from scrolling easily. Please do as follows:
Select the second row in active worksheet, and then click Enterprise > Worksheet > Freeze panes multiple worksheets.
So far all top rows in all worksheets have been locked at once.
Note: To unfreeze top rows in all worksheets, please click Enterprise > Worksheet > Unfreeze panes multiple worksheets.
Kutools for Excel's Freeze Panes multiple worksheets utility and Unfreeze panes multiple workbooks enable Excel users one click to enable/disable same freeze panes in all worksheets.