How to condense a list to have no blanks in Excel?
For a list with multiple blank cells, you may want to condense the list and make all nonblank cells compacting. Manually moving nonblank cells up or down one by one to condense the list is time-consuming during your work. This article will show you two methods to condense a list without blanks in details.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
You can filter out all nonblank cells in the list, select and copy only the visible cells, and then past these cells to a new column. Please do as follows.
1. Select the list you want to condense, and then click Data > Filter. See screenshot:
2. Then a drop-down arrow is added to the first cell of the list, click the arrow, and uncheck the (Blanks) box, then click the OK button. See screenshot:
3. Now all nonblank cells are filtered out, please select and copy these cells, and then paste them into a new column.
Now the list is condensed to have no blanks in Excel.
Note: The copied visible cells need to be pasted outside the filtered range.
With the Select Unblank Cells utility of Kutools for Excel, you can easily select all nonblank cells in a list at once, and then copy and paste these cells into a new column.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
1. Select the list with blank cells you need to condense, then click Kutools > Select > Select Unblank Cells. See screenshot:
2. Now all nonblank cells are selected in the list, please copy these nonblank cells with pressing Ctrl + C keys, and then paste them into a new column with pressing the Ctrl + V keys simultaneously.
You can see the list is condense to have no blanks in a new column.
|If this utility is helpful, you can download and try the free trial now!|