How to condense a list to have no blanks in Excel?
For a list with multiple blank cells, you may want to condense the list and make all nonblank cells compacting. Manually moving nonblank cells up or down one by one to condense the list is time-consuming during your work. This article will show you two methods to condense a list without blanks in details.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
You can filter out all nonblank cells in the list, select and copy only the visible cells, and then past these cells to a new column. Please do as follows.
1. Select the list you want to condense, and then click Data > Filter. See screenshot:
2. Then a drop-down arrow is added to the first cell of the list, click the arrow, and uncheck the (Blanks) box, then click the OK button. See screenshot:
3. Now all nonblank cells are filtered out, please select and copy these cells, and then paste them into a new column.
Now the list is condensed to have no blanks in Excel.
Note: The copied visible cells need to be pasted outside the filtered range.
With the Select Unblank Cells utility of Kutools for Excel, you can easily select all nonblank cells in a list at once, and then copy and paste these cells into a new column.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
1. Select the list with blank cells you need to condense, then click Kutools > Select > Select Unblank Cells. See screenshot:
2. Now all nonblank cells are selected in the list, please copy these nonblank cells with pressing Ctrl + C keys, and then paste them into a new column with pressing the Ctrl + V keys simultaneously.
You can see the list is condense to have no blanks in a new column.
|If this utility is helpful, you can download and try the free trial now!|