How to count cells with zeros but not blanks in Excel?
For example, in Excel, you have a range of data with numbers, zeros and blank cells as below screenshot, now you just want to count the zero cells in the range, how can you do?
To count cells with zeros but non blank cells in a range in Excel, there is a formula can help you to quickly count out the zeros only.
Select a blank cell and type this formula =COUNTIF(A1:H8,0) into it, and press Enter key, now all the zero cells excluding blank cells are counted out.
Tip: In the above formula, A1:H8 is the data range you want to count the zeros from, you can change it as you need.
However, in some cases, you may want to count the cells with zeros and then select them to make them outstanding. With formula, you cannot identify the zero cells. But with Kutools for Excel’s Select Specific Cells utility, you can do these operations at the same time.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select the data range you want to count the zero cells, and click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the Select Specific Cells dialog, check Cell option under Selection type section, and select Equals from the list under Specific type section, then type 0 into the textbox beside Equals. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok, now a dialog pops out to tell you how many zero cells are selected, and you can click OK to close it, and all the zero cells are kept selected.
Note: If you want to highlight the zero cells, you can keep the zero cells selected, and then to select a color by clicking Home > Fill Color. See screenshot:
With Kutools for Excel’s Select Specific Cells utility, and you can select cells with multiple criteria.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!