How to find the max or min value for each day in an Excel range?
For instance, in Excel, you have a range of data as below screenshot shown, and now you want to find the max or min value for each day in this range, how can you quickly solve that? Now I introduce the tricks to quickly and easily handle it in Excel.
In Excel, the formula =MAX(range) or =MIN(range) can help you get the max or min value in a range.
To select a blank cell below the first day column, for instance, Cell B6, and type this formula =MAX(B2:B5) into it, and press Enter key, then you will get max value of first day. Then drag the autofill handle right to fill this formula to the cells you need, now you get all max values in each day. See screenshot:
Note: To calculate the Min values of every day, please apply this formula =MIN(B2:B5) in Cell B6, and drag its Fill handle right to the cells as you need.
However, with above formula method, you cannot identify where is the max value in each day. Be relaxed, the Kutools for Excel’s Select Cells with Max & Min Value utility can help you find and select the max or min values in each column or each row.
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select all the data you want to find out the max or min value from, and click Kutools > Select > Select Cells with Max & Min Value. See screenshot:
2. In the popping dialog, do as below operations.
|1) Select the cells type you want to find max or min value from in the Look in list, you can find the maximum value in both formula and value cells, or only formula cells, or only value cells;
2) Specify to find out min value or max value in Go to section;
3) If you want to find max value based on each column, check Entire column in Base section;
4) To find out all max values, check All cells in Select section, if you just need to find the first appearing max value, check First cell only.
3. Click Ok, and a dialog pops out to tell you the number of selected cell, just click OK to close it. Now all the max values in each column have been found out and selected. See screenshots:
- How to find largest negative value (less than 0) in Excel?
- How to find smallest positive value (greater than 0) in Excel?