How to remove anything in brackets in Excel?
If you have a list of text strings which part of data is enclosed in the brackets, and now, you need to remove all the data in brackets to get the result as following screenshot shown. How could you deal with this task in Excel quickly?
Normally, in Excel, the Find and Replace feature can help you to remove all data in brackets, please do as follows:
1. Select the data range that you want to remove all data in brackets.
2. Then click Home > Find & Select > Replace, (or you can also press Ctrl + H to open the Find and Replace dialog)see screenshot:
3. In the Find and Replace dialog box, under the Replace tab, enter (*) into the Find what text box, and leave the Replace with box blank, see screenshot:
4. Then click Replace All button, a prompt box will pop out to remind you how many cells have been replaced, see screenshot:
5. Then click OK and close the Find and Replace dialog.
Tips: With this Find and Replace feature, you can remove all data in brackets in a selected range, a worksheet or the whole workbook.
Kutools for Excel’s Find and Replace utility can help you to search across multiple worksheets and workbooks easily and conveniently.
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as this:
1. Click Kutools > Navigation, see screenshot:
2. Then click icon to expand the Find and Replace pane, in the Find and Replace pane, please do the following operations:
- (1.) Click the Replace tab;
- (2.) In the Find what text box, please enter (*), and leave the Replace with text box blank;
- (3.) Specify the scope that you want to find and replace under the Within section;
- (4.) If you choose Selection, you need to click button to select the data range;
- (5.) Then click Replace All button.
3. After clicking Replace All, all data in brackets is deleted at once.
Note: This feature doesn’t support Undo, you’d better backup your workbook before applying this feature.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!