How to remove anything in brackets in Excel?
If you have a list of text strings which part of data is enclosed in the brackets, and now, you need to remove all the data in brackets to get the result as following screenshot shown. How could you deal with this task in Excel quickly?
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Normally, in Excel, the Find and Replace feature can help you to remove all data in brackets, please do as follows:
1. Select the data range that you want to remove all data in brackets.
2. Then click Home > Find & Select > Replace, (or you can also press Ctrl + H to open the Find and Replace dialog)see screenshot:
3. In the Find and Replace dialog box, under the Replace tab, enter (*) into the Find what text box, and leave the Replace with box blank, see screenshot:
4. Then click Replace All button, a prompt box will pop out to remind you how many cells have been replaced, see screenshot:
5. Then click OK and close the Find and Replace dialog.
Tips: With this Find and Replace feature, you can remove all data in brackets in a selected range, a worksheet or the whole workbook.
Kutools for Excel’s Find and Replace utility can help you to search across multiple worksheets and workbooks easily and conveniently.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Get it Now .|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:( Free Download Kutools for Excel Now! )
1. Click Kutools > Navigation, see screenshot:
2. Then click icon to expand the Find and Replace pane, in the Find and Replace pane, please do the following operations:
3. After clicking Replace All, all data in brackets is deleted at once.
Note: This feature doesn’t support Undo, you’d better backup your workbook before applying this feature.