How to combine multiple rows to one cell in Excel?
Combine multiple rows to one cell with formula
You can use formula to combine multiple rows to one cell as follows.
1. Select a blank cell to output the combined content, enter the below formula into it.
2. Now you need to select the TRANSPOSE(B2:B19) part of the formula, and then press F9 key. You can see the formula has been changed as below screenshots shown.
3. Remove the curly brackets from the formula in the formula bar, and then press the Enter key.
Now all contents in selected range are combined to one cell.
For quickly combining multiple rows and separating each cell value with certain separator such as comma, semicolon, please try the following method.
Combine multiple rows to one cell with Kutools for Excel
The Combine Rows, Columns or Cells without Losing Data utility of Kutools for Excel can help you to easily combine multiple rows to one cell, and separate each combined text with certain separator.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select the range with rows you need to combine to one cell, and then click Kutools > Merge & Split > Combine Rows, Columns or Cells without Losing Data. See screenshot:
2. In the Combine Columns or Rows dialog box, select Combine into single cell in the first section, then specify a separator, and finally click the OK button.
Now all selected cells in different rows are combined into one cell immediately.
- 1. If you want to keep the original data, please copy the data to a new range and then apply this function.
- 2. If you want to keep the original formatting in the combined cell, please check the Use formatted values box in the Combine Columns or Rows dialog box.
If you want to have a free trial (
30-day) of this utility, please click to download it, and then go to apply the operation according above steps.
Keep formula cell reference constant with Kutools for Excel
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than
300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by
50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!