How to combine multiple rows to one cell in Excel?
Sometimes, you need to combine multiple rows into one cell as below screenshot shown. The following methods will help you to combine multiple rows to one cell in Excel in details.
Excel Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 70% of your time and solve 80% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced features designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
You can use formula to combine multiple rows to one cell as follows.
1. Select a blank cell for placing the combined content, enter formula =CONCATENATE(TRANSPOSE(B2:B19)) into the Formula Bar, then you need to select TRANSPOSE(B2:B19) part of the formula, and then press F9 key. You can see the formula has been changed as below screenshots shown.
2. Remove the curly brackets from the formula in the formula bar, and then press the Enter key.
Now all contents in selected range are combined to one cell.
For quickly combining multiple rows and separating each cell value with certain separator such as comma, semicolon, please try the following method.
The Combine utility of Kutools for Excel can help you to easily combine multiple rows to one cell, and separate each combined text with certain separator.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
1. Select the range with rows you need to combine to one cell, and then click Kutools > Combine. See screenshot:
2. In the Combine Columns or Rows dialog box, select Combine into single cell in the first section, then specify a separator, and finally click the OK button. See screenshot:
Now all selected cells in different rows are combined into one cell immediately.
1. If you want to keep the original data, please copy the data to a new range and then apply this function.
2. If you want to keep the original formatting in the combined cell, please check the Use formatted values box in the Combine Columns or Rows dialog box.
Kutools for Excel includes more than 300 handy Excel tools. Free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Download the free trial now!
Excel Productivity Tools
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agocopy all cells to MS Word not keeping the formatting, then copy back to desired cell in MS Excel...
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoI am trying to combine two datas into one row.. How do i do that in excel.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agousing kutools method on this can you drag the formula down the sheet like in regular excel? I have roughly 1210 rows on a sheet. every 4 rows has some customer data in it, that i need to combine in one cell (or row would work)
Is there also a way to remove extra variable spaces between words. some lines have 3 to 15 spaces between words that dont need to be there. like.
hello customer# 434 Mike Jones address 2323 las vegas blvd phone number 702
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoDear JOE,
Thank you for your comment! Our Kutools has a [b]Remove Spaces[/b] utility which can help you to remove not only leading spaces, but also remove trailing, excess as well as all spaces from specified cells. You can follow this link:
to know more about this utility.
For the Combine method, Kutools does not support dragging and filling. We will try our best to enhance the Kutools functions for more efficient Excel work!
Thanks again for your comment! :-)