How to combine multiple rows to one cell in Excel?
Sometimes, you need to combine multiple rows into one cell as the left screenshot shown. The following methods will help you to combine multiple rows to one cell in Excel in details.
You can use formula to combine multiple rows to one cell as follows.
1. Select a blank cell to output the combined content, enter the below formula into it.
2. Now you need to select the TRANSPOSE(B2:B19) part of the formula, and then press F9 key. You can see the formula has been changed as below screenshots shown.
3. Remove the curly brackets from the formula in the formula bar, and then press the Enter key.
Now all contents in selected range are combined to one cell.
For quickly combining multiple rows and separating each cell value with certain separator such as comma, semicolon, please try the following method.
The Combine Rows, Columns or Cells without Losing Data utility of Kutools for Excel can help you to easily combine multiple rows to one cell, and separate each combined text with certain separator.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select the range with rows you need to combine to one cell, and then click Kutools > Merge & Split > Combine Rows, Columns or Cells without Losing Data. See screenshot:
2. In the Combine Columns or Rows dialog box, select Combine into single cell in the first section, then specify a separator, and finally click the OK button.
Now all selected cells in different rows are combined into one cell immediately.
- 1. If you want to keep the original data, please copy the data to a new range and then apply this function.
- 2. If you want to keep the original formatting in the combined cell, please check the Use formatted values box in the Combine Columns or Rows dialog box.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agocopy all cells to MS Word not keeping the formatting, then copy back to desired cell in MS Excel...
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoI am trying to combine two datas into one row.. How do i do that in excel.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoDear roy,
Do you mean combine two datas in different rows into one row (the two datas still locating in different cells of same row after combining)?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agousing kutools method on this can you drag the formula down the sheet like in regular excel? I have roughly 1210 rows on a sheet. every 4 rows has some customer data in it, that i need to combine in one cell (or row would work)
Is there also a way to remove extra variable spaces between words. some lines have 3 to 15 spaces between words that dont need to be there. like.
hello customer# 434 Mike Jones address 2323 las vegas blvd phone number 702
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoDear JOE,
Thank you for your comment! Our Kutools has a [b]Remove Spaces[/b] utility which can help you to remove not only leading spaces, but also remove trailing, excess as well as all spaces from specified cells. You can follow this link:
to know more about this utility.
For the Combine method, Kutools does not support dragging and filling. We will try our best to enhance the Kutools functions for more efficient Excel work!
Thanks again for your comment! :-)