How to combine multiple rows to one cell in Excel?
Sometimes, you need to combine multiple rows into one cell as the left screenshot shown. The following methods will help you to combine multiple rows to one cell in Excel in details.
You can use formula to combine multiple rows to one cell as follows.
1. Select a blank cell to output the combined content, enter the below formula into it.
2. Now you need to select the TRANSPOSE(B2:B19) part of the formula, and then press F9 key. You can see the formula has been changed as below screenshots shown.
3. Remove the curly brackets from the formula in the formula bar, and then press the Enter key.
Now all contents in selected range are combined to one cell.
For quickly combining multiple rows and separating each cell value with certain separator such as comma, semicolon, please try the following method.
The Combine Rows, Columns or Cells without Losing Data utility of Kutools for Excel can help you to easily combine multiple rows to one cell, and separate each combined text with certain separator.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select the range with rows you need to combine to one cell, and then click Kutools > Merge & Split > Combine Rows, Columns or Cells without Losing Data. See screenshot:
2. In the Combine Columns or Rows dialog box, select Combine into single cell in the first section, then specify a separator, and finally click the OK button.
Now all selected cells in different rows are combined into one cell immediately.
- 1. If you want to keep the original data, please copy the data to a new range and then apply this function.
- 2. If you want to keep the original formatting in the combined cell, please check the Use formatted values box in the Combine Columns or Rows dialog box.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!