How to search/find and replace values in selection or selected cells in Excel?
This article provides methods to search or find specific values in selection or multiple selected cells and replace with other data you need in Excel. Please do as follows.
You can search or find and replace values in selection with Excel build-in feature. Please do as follows.
1. Select the range or cells you want to search or find and replace values within, and then press Ctrl + F keys simultaneously to open the Find and Replace dialog box.
2. In the Find and Replace dialog box, if you just want to search values, please click the Find tab, enter the value you want to find, and then click Find All button.
But if you want to find values and replace them with another content, please click the Replace tab, enter the finding value and the replace value separately into the Find what and Replace with boxes, and finally click the Replace All button. See screenshot:
3. After clicking the Find All button, all finding results will be listed at the bottom of the Find and Replace dialog box. And you can easily shift to the cell with clicking the corresponding link. See screenshot:
For find and replace values, after clicking the Replace All button, a dialog box will pop up as below screenshot shown, please click the OK button.
The Advanced Find and Replace pane of Kutools for Excel can not only search/find and replace values in selection or selected cells, but also search/find and replace values in all opened workbooks as well as active workbook or worksheet.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. After installing Kutools and lauching Excel, the Kutools Navigation Pane will be opened by default.
Tips: If the pane does not display, please click Kutools > Navigation to open it.
2. In the Find and Replace pane, please configure as follows:
Then values in selection(s) are searched out or replaced with another content.
Note: With this utility, you can also easily search or find and replace values in all opened workbooks, current active workbook or worksheet, as well as specific multiple worksheets. See screenshot:
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoI tried this running this code .. but getting syntax error. Could you please help me with it.