How to search/find and replace values in selection or selected cells in Excel?
This article provides methods to search or find specific values in selection or multiple selected cells and replace with other data you need in Excel. Please do as follows.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
You can search or find and replace values in selection with Excel build-in feature. Please do as follows.
1. Select the range or cells you want to search or find and replace values within, and then press Ctrl + F keys simultaneously to open the Find and Replace dialog box.
2. In the Find and Replace dialog box, if you just want to search values, please click the Find tab, enter the value you want to find, and then click Find All button.
But if you want to find values and replace them with another content, please click the Replace tab, enter the finding value and the replace value separately into the Find what and Replace with boxes, and finally click the Replace All button. See screenshot:
3. After clicking the Find All button, all finding results will be listed at the bottom of the Find and Replace dialog box. And you can easily shift to the cell with clicking the corresponding link. See screenshot:
For find and replace values, after clicking the Replace All button, a dialog box will pop up as below screenshot shown, please click the OK button.
The Advanced Find and Replace pane of Kutools for Excel can not only search/find and replace values in selection or selected cells, but also search/find and replace values in all opened workbooks as well as active workbook or worksheet.
1. After free installing Kutools for Excel , the Kutools Pane will be opened by default. Please shift to the Find and Replace pane by clicking the button.
2. In the Find and Replace pane, click the Find tab or Replace tab as you need, enter the certain value in the Find what and Replace with boxes, and select Selection in the Within drop-down list, then click the button to select the range or cells you will search values in, and finally click the Find All or Replace All button. See screenshot:
Then values in selection are searched out or replaced with another content.
Note: With this utility, you can also easily search or find and replace values in all opened workbooks, current active workbook or worksheet, as well as specific multiple worksheets. See screenshot:
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoI tried this running this code .. but getting syntax error. Could you please help me with it.