How to search/find and replace values in selection or selected cells in Excel?
This article provides methods to search or find specific values in selection or multiple selected cells and replace with other data you need in Excel. Please do as follows.
Excel Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 70% of your time and solve 80% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced features designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
You can search or find and replace values in selection with Excel build-in feature. Please do as follows.
1. Select the range or cells you want to search or find and replace values within, and then press Ctrl + F keys simultaneously to open the Find and Replace dialog box.
2. In the Find and Replace dialog box, if you just want to search values, please click the Find tab, enter the value you want to find, and then click Find All button.
But if you want to find values and replace them with another content, please click the Replace tab, enter the finding value and the replace value separately into the Find what and Replace with boxes, and finally click the Replace All button. See screenshot:
3. After clicking the Find All button, all finding results will be listed at the bottom of the Find and Replace dialog box. And you can easily shift to the cell with clicking the corresponding link. See screenshot:
For find and replace values, after clicking the Replace All button, a dialog box will pop up as below screenshot shown, please click the OK button.
The Advanced Find and Replace pane of Kutools for Excel can not only search/find and replace values in selection or selected cells, but also search/find and replace values in all opened workbooks as well as active workbook or worksheet.
1. After free installing Kutools for Excel , the Kutools Pane will be opened by default. Please shift to the Find and Replace pane by clicking the button.
2. In the Find and Replace pane, click the Find tab or Replace tab as you need, enter the certain value in the Find what and Replace with boxes, and select Selection in the Within drop-down list, then click the button to select the range or cells you will search values in, and finally click the Find All or Replace All button. See screenshot:
Then values in selection are searched out or replaced with another content.
Note: With this utility, you can also easily search or find and replace values in all opened workbooks, current active workbook or worksheet, as well as specific multiple worksheets. See screenshot: