How to add text cells together into one cell in Excel?
Sometimes, you need to combine text cells together into one cell in some purpose. In this article, we will show you two methods to add text cells together into one cell in Excel with details.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
You can add text cells together into one cell with formula. Please do as follows.
1. Select a blank cell (says cell C2) adjacent to the cells you want to add together, then enter formula =A2&" "&B2 into the Formula Bar, and then press the Enter key.
Note: In the formula, A2 and B2 are the cells you want to combine together; and “ “ means that the combined texts will be separated by space. You can change the cell references as well as separator as you need.
2. Keep selecting the Cell C2, drag the Fill Handle down to the cells you need to apply the formula. See screenshot:
Then the text cells are added together into one cell.
After free installing Kutools for Excel , you can combine text cells in selected range easily with the Combine utility.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
1. Select the range with text cells you need to add together, then click Kutools > Combine. See screenshot:
2. In the Combine Columns or Rows dialog box, you need to:
2.1 Select Combine columns option if the cells you want to combine located in same row but different columns. Otherwise, select the other option based on your selection.
2.2 Specify a separator and select a position to place the combined result.
2.3 And it is optional to keep, delete or merge the combined cells in the Options section.
2.4 Click the OK button.
You can see the text cells are added together into one cell as below screenshot shown.