How to add text cells together into one cell in Excel?
Sometimes, you need to combine text cells together into one cell in some purpose. In this article, we will show you two methods to add text cells together into one cell in Excel with details.
You can add text cells together into one cell with formula. Please do as follows.
1. Select a blank cell (says cell C2) adjacent to the cells you want to add together, then enter formula =A2&" "&B2 into the Formula Bar, and then press the Enter key.
Note: In the formula, A2 and B2 are the cells you want to combine together; and “ “ means that the combined texts will be separated by space. You can change the cell references as well as separator as you need.
2. Keep selecting the Cell C2, drag the Fill Handle down to the cells you need to apply the formula. See screenshot:
Then the text cells are added together into one cell.
The Combine Rows, Columns or Cells without Losing Data utility of Kutools for Excel helps to easily add text cells together into one cell in Excel. Please do as follows.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select the range with text cells you need to add together, then click Kutools > Merge & Split > Combine Rows, Columns or Cells without Losing Data.
2. In the Combine Rows, Columns or Cells without Losing Data dialog box, you need to:
You can see the text cells are added together into one cell as below screenshot shown.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!