How to make top row always stay visible in Excel?
For many Excel users, the data header always locates on the first row of worksheet. By default, when you scroll down the worksheet, the top row will be hidden. Keeping the top row always stay visible makes data easily to read. In this article, we will show you methods of making top row always stay visible in current worksheet or all worksheets in active workbook.
The Freeze Top Row feature of Excel can freeze the top row in current active sheet and make this row always stay visible no matter how you scroll up and down the worksheet.
1. Stay in the worksheet you need to make top row always stay visible, then click View > Freeze Panes > Freeze Top Row. See screenshot:
Then the top row of current worksheet is frozen and will always stay visible until you unfreeze it.
If you want to make all top rows always stay visible in all worksheets, you can try the Freeze Panes Multiple Worksheets utility
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select cell A2 in your worksheet, and then click Kutools Plus> Worksheet > Freeze panes multiple worksheets. See screenshot:
Then top rows in all worksheets are frozen immediately at once.
Note: Click Kutools Plus > Worksheet > Unfreeze panes multiple worksheets to unfreeze them at once.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!