How to remove all brackets from string in a range in Excel?
For removing all brackets from text strings in selected range, here we provide three methods for you.
The Find and Replace feature can replace all brackets with blanks in selected range.
1. Select the range with brackets you need to remove, and then press the Ctrl + F keys simultaneously to open the Find and Replace dialog box.
2. In the Find and Replace dialog box, go to the Replace tab, enter the left part of the brackets into the Find what box, keep Replace with box blank, and then click the Replace All button. See screenshot:
3. In following popping up dialog box, click the OK button.
4. Don’t close the Find and Replace dialog box, and repeat the above step 2 to 3 to remove the remaining right part of the brackets “]”. And finally close the Find and Replace dialog box.
Easily remove all brackets or specified characters from cells in Excel:
Kutools for Excel's Remove Characters utility helps you easily remove all brackets or specified characters from selected cells in Excel as the below demo shown. Download and try it now! ( 30-day free trail)
You can remove brackets from cell with user-defined function. Please do as follows.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Application window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic Application window, click Insert > Module. And then copy and paste the below VBA code into the Module window.
VBA code: Remove brackets from string
Function No_brackets(ByVal Txt As String) As String Dim I As Long For I = 1 To Len(Txt) If (Mid(Txt, I, 1) <> "[") And (Mid(Txt, I, 1) <> "]") Then No_brackets = No_brackets & Mid(Txt, I, 1) End If Next End Function
3. Press Alt + Q keys simultaneously to close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Application window.
4. Select a blank cell (says cell B2) for locating the result after removing brackets, enter formula =No_brackets(A2) into the Formula Bar, and then press the Enter key.
Note: A2 is the cell contains the brackets you need to remove.
5. Keep selecting cell B2, then drag the Fill Handle to the cell for applying this formula.
You can easily remove all brackets from text strings in selected range at once with the Remove Characters utility of Kutools for Excel. Please do as follows.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select the range with brackets you need to remove, then click Kutools > Text > Remove Characters. See screenshot:
2. In the Remove Characters dialog box, check the Custom box, and enter the bracket marks into the textbox, then click the OK button.
Now all brackets within the text strings in selected range are removed immediately.