How to remove all brackets from string in a range in Excel?
For removing all brackets from text strings in selected range, here we provide three methods for you.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
The Find and Replace feature can replace all brackets with blanks in selected range.
1. Select the range with brackets you need to remove, and then press the Ctrl + F keys simultaneously to open the Find and Replace dialog box.
2. In the Find and Replace dialog box, go to the Replace tab, enter the left part of the brackets into the Find what box, keep Replace with box blank, and then click the Replace All button. See screenshot:
3. In following popping up dialog box, click the OK button.
4. Don’t close the Find and Replace dialog box, and repeat the above step 2 to 3 to remove the remaining right part of the brackets “]”. And finally close the Find and Replace dialog box.
You can remove brackets from cell with user-defined function. Please do as follows.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Application window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic Application window, click Insert > Module. And then copy and paste the below VBA code into the Module window.
VBA code: Remove brackets from string
Function No_brackets(ByVal Txt As String) As String Dim I As Long For I = 1 To Len(Txt) If (Mid(Txt, I, 1) <> "[") And (Mid(Txt, I, 1) <> "]") Then No_brackets = No_brackets & Mid(Txt, I, 1) End If Next End Function
3. Press Alt + Q keys simultaneously to close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Application window.
4. Select a blank cell (says cell B2) for locating the result after removing brackets, enter formula =No_brackets(A2) into the Formula Bar, and then press the Enter key.
Note: A2 is the cell contains the brackets you need to remove.
5. Keep selecting cell B2, then drag the Fill Handle to the cell for applying this formula.
You can easily remove all brackets from text strings in selected range at once with the Remove Characters utility of Kutools for Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Select the range with brackets you need to remove, then click Kutools > Text > Remove Characters. See screenshot:
2. In the Remove Characters dialog box, check the Custom box, and enter the bracket marks into the textbox, then click the OK button.
Now all brackets within the text strings in selected range are removed immediately.
Kutools for Excel includes more than 300 handy Excel tools. Free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Download the free trial now!