How to join text from different cells into one cell in Excel?
If you have multiple cells that contain text and you want to join or merge them in one cell as following screenshot shown, normally, the Concatenate function can help you join the text from different cells into one destination cell. This article will talk about some methods to deal with this task with details.
Applying the Concatenate function to join the different cell contents, please do as follows:
1. Enter this formula: =CONCATENATE(A2,"-",B2,"-",C2) into a blank cell next to your data, see screenshot:
2. Then drag the fill handle down to the cells that you want to join, and the different cells have been merged into one cell by the separator “-”, see screenshot:
Note: If there are more cells needed to be merged together, please join the cell references as this: =CONCATENATE(A2,"-",B2,"-",C2, "-",D2,"-",E2,…), and the “-” separator in the formula can be modified as you need.
Kutools for Excel contains a powerful tool-Combine, with the Combine utility, you can quickly join or merge multiple rows, columns or ranges of cells into one cell by a specific separator you need.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:( Click to Download Kutools for Excel Now! )
1. Select the text range that you want to join together.
2. Then click Kutools > Combine, see screenshot:
3. In the Combine Columns or Rows dialog box, please do as follows:
(1.) Choose one option that you want to join the text based on, you can join cells based on rows, columns or range or just combine all to one single cell;
(2.) Specify a separator for your combined data as you need;
(3.) Select a location to put the combined result;
(4.) At last, choose the option to deal with the combined cells. You can keep or delete contents from those combined cells, and you can also merge those combined cells.
4. After finishing the above settings, click Ok or Apply button, and all the selected text will be joined together based on your need. See screenshot：
Recommended Productivity Tools
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 8 months agohi i have a "text1" in one cell1 and i want to add "text1" in to another cell2 which is having "text2" and give me output in same cell2 "text1 text2" if my cell1 is empty then output of cell2 will be same as "text2" untill and unless i enter the text in cell1
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoVery educative.