How to join text from different cells into one cell in Excel?
If you have multiple cells that contain text and you want to join or merge them in one cell as following screenshot shown, normally, the Concatenate function can help you join the text from different cells into one destination cell. This article will talk about some methods to deal with this task with details.
Applying the Concatenate function to join the different cell contents, please do as follows:
1. Enter this formula: =CONCATENATE(A2,"-",B2,"-",C2) into a blank cell next to your data, see screenshot:
2. Then drag the fill handle down to the cells that you want to join, and the different cells have been merged into one cell by the separator “-”, see screenshot:
Note: If there are more cells needed to be merged together, please join the cell references as this: =CONCATENATE(A2,"-",B2,"-",C2, "-",D2,"-",E2,…), and the “-” separator in the formula can be modified as you need.
Kutools for Excel contains a powerful tool-Combine Rows, Columns or Cells without Losing Data, with this utility, you can quickly join or merge multiple rows, columns or ranges of cells into one cell by a specific separator you need.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:( Click to Download Kutools for Excel Now! )
1. Select the text range that you want to join together.
2. Then click Kutools > Merge & Split > Combine Rows, Columns or Cells without Losing Data, see screenshot:
3. In the Combine Columns or Rows dialog box, please do as follows:
(1.) Choose one option that you want to join the text based on, you can join cells based on rows, columns or range or just combine all to one single cell;
(2.) Specify a separator for your combined data as you need;
(3.) Select a location to put the combined result;
(4.) At last, choose the option to deal with the combined cells. You can keep or delete contents from those combined cells, and you can also merge those combined cells.
4. After finishing the above settings, click Ok or Apply button, and all the selected text will be joined together based on your need. See screenshot：
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!