How to break or split address into separated parts in Excel?
This article shows you methods of breaking or splitting multiple addresses into separated parts in Excel.
You can use the Text to Columns feature to break or split address into separated parts based on the separator in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Select the cells with addresses you need to break into parts, and then click Data > Text to Columns.
2. In the first Convert Text to ColumnWizard, select the Delimited option and then click the Next button. See screenshot:
3. In the second wizard, check the delimiter option based on your address’ separator (in this case, I check the Comma box). Click the Next button.
4. In the final wizard, select a cell for locating the separated address parts in the Destination box, and finally click the Finish button. See screenshot:
You can see the selected addresses are separated into parts as below screenshot shown.
The Split Cells utility of Kutools for Excel can easily break or split address in selected cells into separated parts in Excel. Please do as follows.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select the cells with address you need to break, then click Kutools > Merge & Split > Split Cells.
2. In the Split Cells dialog box, please configure as follows.
Note: In this case, here I select the Other option and enter the comma symbol into the box.
3. In the second Split Cells dialog box, select a cell for locating the split parts, and then click the OK button.
Then all selected addresses are split into separated parts immediately.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!