How to break or split address into separated parts in Excel?
This article shows you methods of breaking or splitting multiple addresses into separated parts in Excel.
Excel Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 70% of your time and solve 80% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced features designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately. 60-day Unlimited Free Trial
You can use the Text to Columns feature to break or split address into separated parts based on the separator in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Select the cells with addresses you need to break into parts, and then click Data > Text to Columns.
2. In the first Convert Text to ColumnWizard, select the Delimited option and then click the Next button. See screenshot:
3. In the second wizard, check the delimiter option based on your address’ separator (in this case, I check the Comma box). Click the Next button.
4. In the final wizard, select a cell for locating the separated address parts in the Destination box, and finally click the Finish button. See screenshot:
You can see the selected addresses are separated into parts as below screenshot shown.
The Split Cells utility of Kutools for Excel can easily break or split address in selected cells into separated parts in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Select the cells with address you need to break, then click Kutools > Text > Split Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the Split Cells dialog box, select Split to Columns option in the Type section. And in the Specify a separator section, select a separator based on the separator of you selected addresses. Finally click the OK button.
Note: In this case, here I select the Other option and enter the comma symbol into the box.
3. In the second Split Cells dialog box, select a cell for locating the split parts, and then click the OK button.
Then all selected addresses are split into separated parts immediately.
Kutools for Excel includes more than 300 handy Excel tools. Free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Download the free trial now!