How to break or split address into separated parts in Excel?
This article shows you methods of breaking or splitting multiple addresses into separated parts in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
You can use the Text to Columns feature to break or split address into separated parts based on the separator in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Select the cells with addresses you need to break into parts, and then click Data > Text to Columns.
2. In the first Convert Text to ColumnWizard, select the Delimited option and then click the Next button. See screenshot:
3. In the second wizard, check the delimiter option based on your address’ separator (in this case, I check the Comma box). Click the Next button.
4. In the final wizard, select a cell for locating the separated address parts in the Destination box, and finally click the Finish button. See screenshot:
You can see the selected addresses are separated into parts as below screenshot shown.
The Split Cells utility of Kutools for Excel can easily break or split address in selected cells into separated parts in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Select the cells with address you need to break, then click Kutools > Text > Split Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the Split Cells dialog box, select Split to Columns option in the Type section. And in the Specify a separator section, select a separator based on the separator of you selected addresses. Finally click the OK button.
Note: In this case, here I select the Other option and enter the comma symbol into the box.
3. In the second Split Cells dialog box, select a cell for locating the split parts, and then click the OK button.
Then all selected addresses are split into separated parts immediately.
Kutools for Excel includes more than 300 handy Excel tools. Free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Download the free trial now!