How to check if a cell value is between two values in Excel?
If you want to check if a cell value is between two values in Excel, the following methods will help you.
For example, you need to check if value in cell B2 is between values in cell A2 and A3. Please apply the following formula to achieve it.
1. Select a blank cell which you need to display the result, enter formula =IF(AND(B2>A2,B2<A3),"Yes","No") into the Formula Bar and then press the Enter key. See screenshot:
If value in cell B2 is between A2 and A3, then you will get a Yes result, if not, it will display No.
Note: If the cell values A2 is greater than A3, you should reverse the > and < symbols in formula as =IF(AND(B2<A2,B2>A3),"Yes","No"), see screenshot:
You can easily check if a cell value is between two values with the Select Specific Cells utility of Kutools for Excel without using formulas. Please do as follows.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. As above example shown, in this section, please click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells to enable the utility. See screenshot:
2. And in the Select Specific Cells dialog box, you need to:
- 2.1 Click the button in the Select cells in this range section to select cell B2 (the cell you want to check if it is between two values);
- 2.2 Select the Cell option in the Selection type section;
- 2.3 In the Specific Type section, select Greater than from the first drop-down list, enter number 30 into the text box. Then check the And option, choose Less than in the second drop-down list and enter 50 into the text box;
- 2.4 Click the OK button. See screenshot:
3. If the specified cell value is between two values, you will get a dialog box with following screenshot 1 shown. If not, a dialog box will pop up to tell you there are no cells qualified as below screenshot 2 shown. Please click the OK button to close it.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!