How to check if a cell value is between two values in Excel?
If you want to check if a cell value is between two values in Excel, the following methods will help you.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel/Office
For example, you need to check if value in cell B2 is between values in cell A2 and A3. Please apply the following formula to achieve it.
1. Select a blank cell which you need to display the result, enter formula =IF(AND(B2>A2,B2<A3),"Yes","No") into the Formula Bar and then press the Enter key. See screenshot:
If value in cell B2 is between A2 and A3, then you will get a Yes result, if not, it will display No.
Note: If the cell values A2 is greater than A3, you should reverse the > and < symbols in formula as =IF(AND(B2<A2,B2>A3),"Yes","No"), see screenshot:
You can easily check if a cell value is between two values with the Select Specific Cells utility of Kutools for Excel without using formulas. Please do as follows.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
1. As above example shown, in this section, please click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells to enable the utility. See screenshot:
2. And in the Select Specific Cells dialog box, you need to:
2.1. Click the button in the Select cells in this range section to select cell B2 (the cell you want to check if it is between another two cells);
2.2. Select the Cell option in the Selection type section;
2.3. In the Specific Type section, select Greater than from the first drop-down list, click the button to select cell A2. Then select the And option, select Less than in the second drop-down list and select cell A3, and finally click the OK button. See screenshot:
3. If the specified cell value is between two values, you will get a dialog box with following screenshot 1 shown. If not, a dialog box will pop up to tell you there are no cells qualified as below screenshot 2 shown. Please click the OK button.
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
300 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...