How to quickly find the largest value but smaller than X in Excel?
To find the largest value in a range is easy for you during the Excel work, but to find the largest value but smaller than a certain value such as 100 in a range may trip some of the Excel green hands over. Here, this article is going to introduce the ways to help you find the largest value but less than X quickly in Excel.
Here are some formulas which can quickly find the largest value but less than 100 from a range (A1:E7).
1. Select a blank cell that you want to output the calculating result, and type this formula =MAX(IF(A1:E7<100,A1:E7,"")), and remember to press Shift + Ctrl + Enter keys simultaneously to get the correct result. See screenshots:
Tip: You also can use this formula =SUMPRODUCT(MAX((A1:E7<100)*A1:E7)) and press Enter key to find the largest number but smaller than 100, too.
Here is a built-in formula which do need you to remember in Kutools for Excel can help you quickly find the largest value but less than x in Excel.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select a cell which will place the found largest value, click Kutools > Formula Helper > Formula Helper.
2. In the Formulas Helper dialog, do as below:
1) Choose Lookup from the drop down list of Formula Type;
2) Choose Find the largest value less than in Choose a formula section;
3) Go to select the range of cells that you want to find the largest number, and type the value you want to less than in Range and Max value textboxes.
3. Click Ok，the largest value less than a specified value has been found.
- How to extract all duplicates from a column in Excel?
- How to count the number of shaded cells in Excel?
- How to maximize all columns in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Spreadsheets： Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel
Kutools for Excel boasts over 300 features, ensuring that what you need is just a click away...
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 & newer, including 365 | Available in 44 languages | Enjoy a full-featured 30-day free trial.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!