How to change font color for part of text in cell in Excel?
For changing the font color for part of text in a cell, the following methods can help you.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
You can do as follows to change font color for part of text in a cell.
1. Select the cell you need to change the font color for part of text, then press the F2 key to enter the edit mode. Or you can just double click the cell you want to change.
2. Select the part of text you want to change its font color, and click Home > Font, then choose a font color from the drop-down list. See screenshot:
Then the font color of selected part of text in cell is changed to the color you specified.
The Superscript / Subscript feature of Kutools for Excel can also help you to change the font color for part of text in selected cell.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
1. Select the cell you need to change font color for part of text, then click Kutools > Formatting > Superscript / Subscript. See screenshot:
2. In the Superscript / Subscript Formatting dialog box, please select the character, and specify a font color in the Color drop down list one by one for the used characters, and then click the OK button.
Note: Check the In-cell preview box, you can preview the formatting in selected cell instantly.
Now the font color for part of text of selected cell is changed to the color you specified above.