How to calculate age on a specific or future date in Excel?
For example, you have a person’s date of birth, if you need to calculate the age of this person based on a future or specific date, the following methods will help you achieve it .
As below screenshot shown, cell A2 contains a person's date of birth, and cell B2 contains the specific or future date you will calculate this person’s age based on, you can apply the following formula to achieve it.
1. Select a blank cell to output the age.
2. Enter the below formula into it and then press the Enter key to get the result.
Then the age on a specific or future date is calculated.
If you don’t want to manually apply formula, you can try the Date & Time Helper of Kutools for Excel to quickly calculate age on a certian date with only clicks. Please do as follows.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select a blank cell to output the age, then click Kutools > Formula Helper > Date & Time Helper. See screenshot:
2. In the Date & Time Helper dialog box, please configure as follows.
- Go to select the Age tab in the Type section;
- In the Date of Birth box, select the cell containing the date of birth;
- In the To section, enable the Specific data option, and then select the cell containing the certain date you will calculate age based on;
Tip: You can manually type in a certain date or choose a date from the calendar as you need.
- Click the OK button. See screenshot:
Now the age on specific date is calculated and populated in selected cell.
Note: You can specify the output result type as you need. For example, you want to display the age as the type of Year + Month + Day, please choose Year + Month + Day from the Output result type drop down list. And the result will be displayed as the below screenshot shown.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!