How to calculate elapsed years, months, or days from a certain date in Excel?
For calculating the elapsed years, months or days based on a given date, the following methods can help you.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
As below screenshot shown, how to calculate the elapsed years, months or days based on a given date in cell A2?
Calculate elapsed years
Select a blank cell you will put the elapsed years in, enter formula =YEAR(TODAY())-YEAR(A2) into the Formula Bar, and then press the Enter key.
Calculate elapsed months
Select a blank cell for locating the elapsed months, then enter formula =DATEDIF(A2,TODAY(),"m") into the Formula Bar, and press the Enter key.
Calculate elapsed days
Select a blank cell for placing the elapsed days, enter formula =DATEDIF(A2,TODAY(),"d") into the Formula Bar, and then press the Enter key.
|Formula is too complicated to remember? The Auto Text feature of Kutools for Excel can save the formula as an Auto Text entry for reusing with only one click in future! |
Read More... or Download the free trail now!
You can see the elapsed years, months or days is calculated as below screenshot shown.
You can use the Calculate age based on birthday utility of Kutools for Excel to easily calculate elapsed years, months or days without remembering formulas by yourself.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
1. Select a blank cell for locating the elapsed years, then click Kutools > Formulas > Calculate age based on birthday. See screenshot:
2. In the Formula Helper dialog box, select the cell with the certain date you need to calculate elapsed years/months/days based on in the Date box, then click the OK button.
3. Now you are getting the elapsed years from the certain date, and you can see there is a formula created automatically in the Formula Bar.
Note: For calculating the elapsed months, please replace the “Y” with “m” in the formula, and for calculating the elapsed days, change the “Y” to “d”. See screenshots below:
|You can download and try the free trial now!|