How to save just one worksheet in a workbook in Excel?
While using Excel, it is easy to save just one certain worksheet as a new Excel file from your workbook. But how about keeping just one worksheet and deleting the other sheets in your workbook? This article will show you methods of saving just one worksheet as a new Excel file, as well as deleting all inactive worksheets in current workbook.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
The Move or Copy utility of Excel feature helps you to easily save a certain worksheet as a new Excel file. You can do as follows.
1. Right click on the sheet tab (the worksheet you need to save as new file) in the sheet tab bar, then click Move or Copy.
2. In the Move or Copy dialog box, select (new book) from the To book drop-down list, check the Create a copy box, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
3. Then the specified worksheet is moved in a new created workbook, please save this workbook manually.
The above method can only save a worksheet as a new Excel file. If you need to save this worksheet as new Excel/csv/txt or pdf file, you can try the Split Workbook utility of Kutools for Excel.
1. Click Enterprise > Workbook > Split Workbook. See screenshot:
2. In the Split Workbook dialog box, please check the worksheet name you need to save in the Worksheet name box, and in the Options section, check the Save as type box, then select Excel Workbook(*.xlsx) or other options such as csv, text, pdf as you need, and finally click the Split button.
3. In the Browse For Folder dialog box, choose a folder to save this new file, and then click the OK button.
Now the specified worksheet is saved as a new file, and named with the original worksheet name.
If you want to delete all worksheets and save just one certain worksheet in current workbook, the following VBA code can help you.
1. Press Alt + F11 simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Application window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Application window, click Insert > Module. Then copy and paste below VBA code into the Module window.
VBA code: delete all sheets except certain one in current workbook
Sub DeleteSheets1() Dim xWs As Worksheet Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.DisplayAlerts = False For Each xWs In Application.ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets If xWs.Name <> "test" Then xWs.Delete End If Next Application.DisplayAlerts = True Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
Note: in the code, “test” is the worksheet name we need to keep only in current workbook. Please change it to your worksheet name.
3. Press the F5 key to run the code. Then you can see all worksheets in current workbooks are deleted but the specified one. And then save the workbook as you need.
The Delete All Inactive Sheets utility of Kutools for Excel helps you to quickly delete all worksheets except current one with just one click.
1. Shift to the worksheet you need to keep only in current workbook, then click Enterprise > Worksheet > Delete All Inactive Sheets. See screenshot:
Then a prompt dialog box pops up, if you determine to delete them, click the OK button.
Then all inactive worksheets are deleted immediately from current workbook.
Kutools for Excel includes more than 300 handy Excel tools. Free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Download the free trial now!