How to save just one worksheet in a workbook in Excel?
While using Excel, it is easy to save just one certain worksheet as a new Excel file from your workbook. But how about keeping just one worksheet and deleting the other sheets in your workbook? This article will show you methods of saving just one worksheet as a new Excel file, as well as deleting all inactive worksheets in current workbook.
The Move or Copy utility of Excel feature helps you to easily save a certain worksheet as a new Excel file. You can do as follows.
1. Right click on the sheet tab (the worksheet you need to save as new file) in the sheet tab bar, then click Move or Copy.
2. In the Move or Copy dialog box, select (new book) from the To book drop-down list, check the Create a copy box, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
3. Then the specified worksheet is moved in a new created workbook, please save this workbook manually.
If you want to delete all worksheets and save just one certain worksheet in current workbook, the following VBA code can help you.
1. Press Alt + F11 simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Application window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Application window, click Insert > Module. Then copy and paste below VBA code into the Module window.
VBA code: delete all sheets except certain one in current workbook
Sub DeleteSheets1() Dim xWs As Worksheet Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.DisplayAlerts = False For Each xWs In Application.ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets If xWs.Name <> "test" Then xWs.Delete End If Next Application.DisplayAlerts = True Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
Note: in the code, “test” is the worksheet name we need to keep only in current workbook. Please change it to your worksheet name.
3. Press the F5 key to run the code. Then you can see all worksheets in current workbooks are deleted but the specified one. And then save the workbook as you need.
The Delete All Inactive Sheets utility of Kutools for Excel helps you to quickly delete all worksheets except current one with just one click.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Shift to the worksheet you need to keep only in current workbook, then click Kutools Plus > Worksheet > Delete All Inactive Sheets. See screenshot:
Then a prompt dialog box pops up, if you determine to delete them, click the OK button.
Then all inactive worksheets are deleted immediately from current workbook.