How to make formula results permanent in Excel?
Making formula results permanent can prevent them changing with the referenced cells changed. Actually, you can replace the formula with its result to make it permanent. In this article, we provide you two methods to achieve it.
You can replace the formulas with the results by copying and pasting them as values. Please do as follows.
1. Select the formula cells you need to make them permanent, then press the Ctrl + C keys simultaneously to copy them.
2. Right click on the selection, then choose Values from the Paste Options section in the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
Now the formulas in selected cells are replaced with corresponding results immediately.
Actually, you can use the To Actual utility of Kutools for Excel to make formula results permanent with just one click.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select the cells with formula results you need to make them permanent, then click Kutools > To Actual. See screenshot:
Then all formulas in selected cells are replaced with their corresponding results at once.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!