How to pop up message box if cell value equals “X” in Excel?
Popping up message box helps a lot while finding certain content in specified range. For example, you are finding cell value which equals 50 in a range A1:C7, and you need a message box popping up to tell you whether the cell value exist or not. The following two methods can help you.
The following VBA code can help to create a pop up message box when the certain value exists in specified range. Please do as follows.
1. In the worksheet you need to check values in specified range, right click the tab name in the sheet tab bar, and then click View Code from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, copy and paste the following VBA code into the Code window.
VBA code: pop up message box if cell value equals “X”
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) 'Update: 2017/7/25 Dim xCell As Range, Rg As Range On Error Resume Next Set Rg = Application.Intersect(Target, Range("A1:C7")) If Not Rg Is Nothing Then For Each xCell In Rg If xCell.Value = "50" Then MsgBox "guest entered into cell " & xCell.Address, vbInformation, "Kutools for Excel" Exit Sub End If Next End If End Sub Private Sub Worksheet_selectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Dim xCell As Range, Rg As Range On Error Resume Next Set Rg = Application.Intersect(Target, Range("A1:C7")) If Not Rg Is Nothing Then For Each xCell In Rg If xCell.Value = "50" Then MsgBox "guest entered into cell " & xCell.Address, vbInformation, "Kutools for Excel" Exit Sub End If Next End If End Sub
3. Press Alt + Q keys simultaneously to close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window and go back to the worksheet.
From now on, when cell values are changed in range A1:C7 and there is cell value equals “50”, you will get a message box as below screenshot shown.
Besides, you can just select the range to pop up the message box if the cell value exists.
The Select Specific Cells utility of Kutools for Excel can also help you to solve this problem. Please do as follows.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select the range you want to find if cell value existing in, then click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells.
2. In the Select Specific Cells dialog box, select the Cell option in the Selection type section, then select Equals in the first Specific type drop-down list and type the cell value in the next text box, and finally click the OK button.
If the cell value exists in specified range, you will get the following message box, click the OK button, the cell will be selected.
Otherwise, you will get the message box as below screenshot shown.
- How to delete entire row if cell contains zero in Excel?
- How to count cells with specific text in selection in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!