How to move minus sign from right to left/back to front in Excel?
Move minus sign from back to front with Text to Columns
Move minus sign from back to front with VBA
Move minus sign from back to front with Kutools for Excel
|Kutools for Excel's Remove Spaces utility can remove leading spaces, trailing spaces, excess spaces or all spaces from a range cells.|
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
There is a hidden utility in Text to Columns that can help you move minus sign from back to front.
1. Select the numbers you want to fix the trailing minus sign, and click Data > Text to Columns. See screenshot:
2. In the Text to Columns wizard, directly click Next > Next to go to the Step 3 of 3 dialog, and click Advanced. See screenshot:
Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy and power Excel functions, which can enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.
3. In the Advanced Text Import Settings dialog, just check Trailing minus for negative numbers option, and click OK to close it.
4. Then click Finish to close Text to Columns dialog, and the minus sign of the negative numbers have been moved from back to front.
If you are familiar with VBA, here is one can help you.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste below VBA code to the new Module window.
VBA: Move minus sign from back to front (right to left)
Sub FixTrailingNumbers() 'UpdatebyKutoolsforExcel20160409 Dim xRg As Range Dim xCol As Range Dim xTxt As String On Error Resume Next xTxt = ActiveWindow.RangeSelection.Address Set xRg = Application.InputBox("Select a range", "Kutools for Excel", xTxt, , , , , 8) If xRg Is Nothing Then Exit Sub For Each xCol In xRg.Columns xCol.TextToColumns Destination:=xCol, TrailingMinusNumbers:=True Next End Sub
3. Click Run button or F5 key to execute this code, and a Kutools for Excel dialog pops out to remind you select a range to work. See screenshot:
4. Click OK, and now the minus signs of negative numbers have been fixed correctly.
If above methods are not easy enough, you can try to apply the Change Sign of Values utility of Kutools for Excel – a handy Excel tool to help you quickly move minus sign from back to front.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select the numbers you want to fix the trailing minus signs, and click Kutools > Content > Change Sign of Values. See screenshot:
2. In the Change Sign of Values dialog, check Fix trailing negative signs option. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok or Apply, now the minus signs of the negative numbers have been fixed from back to front.
With Change Sign of Values, you can convert all positive values to negatives, fix the trailing negative signs, and change all negatives to zero or reverse the sign of values. Click here to know more.
|If you are interested in this addi-in, download the 60-days free trial.|