How to move minus sign from right to left/back to front in Excel?
Move minus sign from back to front with Text to Columns
Move minus sign from back to front with VBA
Move minus sign from back to front with Kutools for Excel
There is a hidden utility in Text to Columns that can help you move minus sign from back to front.
1. Select the numbers you want to fix the trailing minus sign, and click Data > Text to Columns. See screenshot:
2. In the Text to Columns wizard, directly click Next > Next to go to the Step 3 of 3 dialog, and click Advanced. See screenshot:
3. In the Advanced Text Import Settings dialog, just check Trailing minus for negative numbers option, and click OK to close it.
4. Then click Finish to close Text to Columns dialog, and the minus sign of the negative numbers have been moved from back to front.
If you are familiar with VBA, here is one can help you.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste below VBA code to the new Module window.
VBA: Move minus sign from back to front (right to left)
Sub FixTrailingNumbers() 'UpdatebyKutoolsforExcel20160409 Dim xRg As Range Dim xCol As Range Dim xTxt As String On Error Resume Next xTxt = ActiveWindow.RangeSelection.Address Set xRg = Application.InputBox("Select a range", "Kutools for Excel", xTxt, , , , , 8) If xRg Is Nothing Then Exit Sub For Each xCol In xRg.Columns xCol.TextToColumns Destination:=xCol, TrailingMinusNumbers:=True Next End Sub
3. Click Run button or F5 key to execute this code, and a Kutools for Excel dialog pops out to remind you select a range to work. See screenshot:
4. Click OK, and now the minus signs of negative numbers have been fixed correctly.
If above methods are not easy enough, you can try to apply the Change Sign of Values utility of Kutools for Excel – a handy Excel tool to help you quickly move minus sign from back to front.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select the numbers you want to fix the trailing minus signs, and click Kutools > Content > Change Sign of Values. See screenshot:
2. In the Change Sign of Values dialog, check Fix trailing negative signs option. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok or Apply, now the minus signs of the negative numbers have been fixed from back to front.
With Change Sign of Values, you can convert all positive values to negatives, fix the trailing negative signs, and change all negatives to zero or reverse the sign of values. Click here to know more.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!