How to convert number string to date and time in Excel?
Convert number string 20110312 to date formatting with Text to Column
Convert number string 40614.43 to date and time with Format Cells
Convert number string to standard date with Kutools for Excel
To convert number string such as 20110312 to date formatting, you can apply Text to Column to handle.
1. Select the number strings you want to convert to dates, and click Data > Text to Columns. See screenshot:
2. In the Text to Column dialog, click Next > Next to go to the Step 3 of 3, and then check Date, and go to select YMD from right drop down list (If your number string is entered in other date type, you can select others). See screenshot:
3. Click Finish, and now the number strings have been converted to dates.
To convert number string such as 40614.43 to date and time formatting, you can apply Format Cells function.
1. Select the number string you want to convert to date and time, and press Ctrl + 1 to open Format Cells dialog, then go to the Number tab, select Custom in the Category list, then type mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm into the Type textbox. See screenshot:
2. Click OK, and all the number strings have been converted to date and time formatting.
IF there are multiple nonstandard dates needed to convert to standard date formatting, you can apply Kutools for Excel’s Convert to Date utility, which can quickly convert various nonstandard dates to standard dates as you need.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
Select the dates or numbers strings you want to convert to standard dates, and click Kutools > Content > Convert to Date. See screenshot:
Then you can see the selected dates have been converted to standard dates. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 and 365 | Available in 44 Languages | Easy to Uninstall Completely
Kutools for Excel Boasts Over 300 Features, Ensuring That What You Need Is Just A Click Away...
Supercharge Your Excel Skills: Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day! (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)