How to use watch window to monitor formulas in Excel?
If you use Excel regularly, in some times, you may need to work with a huge worksheet with hundreds of rows and columns of data, and if there are a monitor which can help you to view or inspect some useful and important cells in any time without scrolling back, that is so great. Now I introduce the Watch Window which can do you this favor.
For instance, you want to monitor all formulas in any time for confirming the calculations even scrolling to other cells in a large worksheet, you can apply the Watch Window by following these steps:
1. Press Ctrl + G to open Go To dialog, and then click Special to open the Go To Special dialog, and check Formulas option. See screenshot:
2. Then click OK, and then all the formulas are selected, and then click Formulas > Watch Window. See screenshot:
3. Then in the Watch Window dialog, click Add Watch…to display Add Watch dialog, and the selected formulas have been automatically added into the Select the cells that you would like to watch the value of textbox. See screenshot:
4. Click Add. Now the formulas in the sheet have been displayed in the list of the Watch Window. And wherever you scroll to, you can always inspect the formulas. See screenshot:
In some times, the float Watch Window may hide some data while scrolling sheet, in this case, you can move the Window to one side of the sheet to lock it. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 and 365 | Available in 44 Languages | Easy to Uninstall Completely
Kutools for Excel Boasts Over 300 Features, Ensuring That What You Need Is Just A Click Away...
Supercharge Your Excel Skills: Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day! (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)