How to use watch window to monitor formulas in Excel?
If you use Excel regularly, in some times, you may need to work with a huge worksheet with hundreds of rows and columns of data, and if there are a monitor which can help you to view or inspect some useful and important cells in any time without scrolling back, that is so great. Now I introduce the Watch Window which can do you this favor.
Convert Formula to Text/Convert Text to Formula
|With Kutools for Excel's Convert Formula to Text, you can quickly convert the formula to text string which means only display the formula string in the cell and not get the result. And the Convert Text to Formula can convert the text string back to formula and display the calculated result.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
For instance, you want to monitor all formulas in any time for confirming the calculations even scrolling to other cells in a large worksheet, you can apply the Watch Window by following these steps:
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
1. Press Ctrl + G to open Go To dialog, and then click Special to open the Go To Special dialog, and check Formulas option. See screenshot:
2. Then click OK, and then all the formulas are selected, and then click Formulas > Watch Window. See screenshot:
3. Then in the Watch Window dialog, click Add Watch…to display Add Watch dialog, and the selected formulas have been automatically added into the Select the cells that you would like to watch the value of textbox. See screenshot:
4. Click Add. Now the formulas in the sheet have been displayed in the list of the Watch Window. And wherever you scroll to, you can always inspect the formulas. See screenshot:
In some times, the float Watch Window may hide some data while scrolling sheet, in this case, you can move the Window to one side of the sheet to lock it. See screenshot:
|If you are interested in Kutools for Excel-a handy tool, download the 60-days free trial.|