How to copy data to next empty row of another worksheet in Excel?
Supposing you want to copy certain data in range A1:E1 of Sheet1 and paste it quickly to the next empty row of Sheet2 in a workbook as below screenshot shown, what can you do easily achieve it? This article will introduce a VBA method for you.
You can run the below VBA code to copy data in a certain sheet and paste to the next empty row of another worksheet automatically.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert > Module. Then copy and paste the below VBA code into the Module window.
VBA code: copy data to next empty row of another worksheet
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim xScreenUpdating As Boolean Dim xPasteSht As Worksheet Dim xRg As Range Dim xTxt As String On Error Resume Next xTxt = ActiveWindow.RangeSelection.Address Set xRg = Application.InputBox("Please select a range:", "Kutools for Excel", xTxt, , , , , 8) If xRg Is Nothing Then Exit Sub Set xPasteSht = Worksheets("Sheet2") xScreenUpdating = Application.ScreenUpdating Application.ScreenUpdating = False xRg.Copy xPasteSht.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).PasteSpecial xlPasteValues Application.CutCopyMode = False Application.ScreenUpdating = xScreenUpdating End Sub
Note: In the code, Sheet2 is the destination worksheet of the copied data. You can change it based on your need.
3. Press the F5 key to run the code, in the popping up Kutools for Excel dialog box, please select the range you want to copy to the next empty row of Sheet2, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then the copied data of Sheet1 is pasted to the next empty row of the specific Sheet2 immediately as below screenshot shown:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!