How to format dates to uppercase months in Excel?
This article provides some methods to help you format dates to uppercase months in Excel. Please do as follows.
|One click to convert mm.dd.yyyy or other date format to mm/dd/yyyy format in Excel|
Click Kutools > Content > Convert to Date. The Kutools for Excel's Convert to Date utility helps you easily convert mm.dd.yyyy format (such as 01.12.2015) or Thursday, September 11, 2014 or other special date format to dd/mm/yyyy format in Excel. See below screenshot:
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
You can apply the following formula to format dates to uppercase months in Excel.
1. Select a blank cell (C2) besides the date cell you need to format to uppercase month, enter formula =UPPER(TEXT(A2,"mmm")) into the Formula Bar, and then press the Enter key. See screenshot:
Then you will get the abbreviation of month in uppercase.
2. Keep selecting cell C2, drag the Fill Handle down until all dates are formatted to uppercase months. See screenshot:
1. If you need to format dates to uppercase months with the year number, please apply this formula =UPPER(TEXT(A2,"mmm YY")). See screenshot:
2. To get the uppercase month with full name, please apply this formula: =UPPER(TEXT(A2,"mmmm")).
The Apply Date Formatting utility of Kutools for Excel can help you easily format dates to any kind of date formatting based on your need. Please do as follows.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
1. Select the date cells you want to format to uppercase months, then click Kutools > Format > Apply Date Formatting. See screenshot:
2. In the Apply Date Formatting dialog box, specify the proper date format in the Date formatting box, and then click the OK button.
Then you can see the selected dates are formatted to month or month and year number as below screenshot shown.
|You can download and try the free trial of Kutools for Excel now!|