How to format dates to uppercase months in Excel?
This article provides some methods to help you format dates to uppercase months in Excel. Please do as follows.
|One click to convert mm.dd.yyyy or other date format to mm/dd/yyyy format in Excel|
Click Kutools > Content > Convert to Date. The Kutools for Excel's Convert to Date utility helps you easily convert mm.dd.yyyy format (such as 01.12.2015) or Thursday, September 11, 2014 or other special date format to dd/mm/yyyy format in Excel. See below screenshot:
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
You can apply the following formula to format dates to uppercase months in Excel.
1. Select a blank cell (C2) besides the date cell you need to format to uppercase month, enter formula =UPPER(TEXT(A2,"mmm")) into the Formula Bar, and then press the Enter key. See screenshot:
Then you will get the abbreviation of month in uppercase.
2. Keep selecting cell C2, drag the Fill Handle down until all dates are formatted to uppercase months. See screenshot:
1. If you need to format dates to uppercase months with the year number, please apply this formula =UPPER(TEXT(A2,"mmm YY")). See screenshot:
2. To get the uppercase month with full name, please apply this formula: =UPPER(TEXT(A2,"mmmm")).
The Apply Date Formatting utility of Kutools for Excel can help you easily format dates to any kind of date formatting based on your need. Please do as follows.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
1. Select the date cells you want to format to uppercase months, then click Kutools > Format > Apply Date Formatting. See screenshot:
2. In the Apply Date Formatting dialog box, specify the proper date format in the Date formatting box, and then click the OK button.
Then you can see the selected dates are formatted to month or month and year number as below screenshot shown.
|You can download and try the free trial of Kutools for Excel now!|