How to delete same rows or ranges across multiple sheets in Excel?
This article recommend two methods of deleting same rows or ranges across multiple sheets at the same time in Excel. Please do as follows.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
It is easy to group all worksheets and then delete the same rows or ranges from these worksheets at the same time.
1. Right click on any sheet tab in current workbook, then click Select All Sheets from the right-clicking menu.
2. Now all worksheets are selected, if you delete certain rows or ranges in a worksheet, the same rows or ranges in other worksheets are deleted together.
3. After deleting rows or ranges across all sheets, please right click on a sheet tab and then click Ungroup Sheets from the right-clicking menu to ungroup all worksheets.
Besides the above method, you can run the following VBA codes to delete same rows or ranges across multiple worksheet.
Delete same rows across multiple sheets
1. Press Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert > Module. Then copy and paste the following VBA code into the Code window.
VBA code: Delete same rows across multiple sheets In Excel
Sub bleh() Dim xWs As Worksheet Set xWs = ActiveSheet ThisWorkbook.Worksheets.Select Rows("4:5").Select Selection.Delete xWs.Select End Sub
Note: In the VBA code, 4:5 means that the row 4 and 5 will be deleted across multiple worksheets in current workbook. You can change them to your needed row.
3. Press F5 key to run the code, then the specified rows are deleted immediately from all sheets in current workbook.
Delete same ranges across multiple sheets
For deleting same ranges across multiple sheets, you can try the below VBA code.
VBA code: Delete same range across multiple sheets
Private Sub CommandButton2_Click() Dim xRg As Range Dim xTxt As String Dim xWs As Worksheet On Error Resume Next Set xWs = ActiveSheet If ActiveWindow.RangeSelection.Count > 1 Then xTxt = ActiveWindow.RangeSelection.AddressLocal Else xTxt = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.AddressLocal End If Set xRg = Application.InputBox("Please select the range you want to delete across multiple sheets:", "Kutools for Excel", xTxt, , , , , 8) If xRg Is Nothing Then Exit Sub xRg.ClearContents ThisWorkbook.Worksheets.Select ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.FillAcrossSheets xRg, xlFillWithContents xWs.Select End Sub
After copying and pasting the VBA code into the Module, press F5 key to run the code, and in the popping up Kutools for Excel dialog box, select the range you will delete across multiple sheets, and then click the OK button.
Now the cell values in this specific range are deleted from all sheets in current workbook immediately.
- How to delete rows with missing/blank values in certain columns in Excel?
- How to delete rows if cell is greater/less than a certain value in Excel?
- How to delete all rows except the first header row in Excel?
- How to delete all rows below certain row or active cell in Excel?