How to delete same rows or ranges across multiple sheets in Excel?
This article recommend two methods of deleting same rows or ranges across multiple sheets at the same time in Excel. Please do as follows.
It is easy to group all worksheets and then delete the same rows or ranges from these worksheets at the same time.
1. Right click on any sheet tab in current workbook, then click Select All Sheets from the right-clicking menu.
2. Now all worksheets are selected, if you delete certain rows or ranges in a worksheet, the same rows or ranges in other worksheets are deleted together.
3. After deleting rows or ranges across all sheets, please right click on a sheet tab and then click Ungroup Sheets from the right-clicking menu to ungroup all worksheets.
Besides the above method, you can run the following VBA codes to delete same rows or ranges across multiple worksheet.
Delete same rows across multiple sheets
1. Press Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert > Module. Then copy and paste the following VBA code into the Code window.
VBA code: Delete same rows across multiple sheets In Excel
Sub bleh() Dim xWs As Worksheet Set xWs = ActiveSheet ThisWorkbook.Worksheets.Select Rows("4:5").Select Selection.Delete xWs.Select End Sub
Note: In the VBA code, 4:5 means that the row 4 and 5 will be deleted across multiple worksheets in current workbook. You can change them to your needed row.
3. Press F5 key to run the code, then the specified rows are deleted immediately from all sheets in current workbook.
Delete same ranges across multiple sheets
For deleting same ranges across multiple sheets, you can try the below VBA code.
VBA code: Delete same range across multiple sheets
Private Sub CommandButton2_Click() Dim xRg As Range Dim xTxt As String Dim xWs As Worksheet On Error Resume Next Set xWs = ActiveSheet If ActiveWindow.RangeSelection.Count > 1 Then xTxt = ActiveWindow.RangeSelection.AddressLocal Else xTxt = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.AddressLocal End If Set xRg = Application.InputBox("Please select the range you want to delete across multiple sheets:", "Kutools for Excel", xTxt, , , , , 8) If xRg Is Nothing Then Exit Sub xRg.ClearContents ThisWorkbook.Worksheets.Select ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.FillAcrossSheets xRg, xlFillWithContents xWs.Select End Sub
After copying and pasting the VBA code into the Module, press F5 key to run the code, and in the popping up Kutools for Excel dialog box, select the range you will delete across multiple sheets, and then click the OK button.
Now the cell values in this specific range are deleted from all sheets in current workbook immediately.
- How to delete rows with missing/blank values in certain columns in Excel?
- How to delete rows if cell is greater/less than a certain value in Excel?
- How to delete all rows except the first header row in Excel?
- How to delete all rows below certain row or active cell in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!