How to delete all rows except the first header row in Excel?
Sometimes, you may need to clear all contents except the first header row in order to update all data again. This article will show you method of deleting all rows except the first header row in Excel.
The following VBA code can help you delete all rows except the first header row in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert > Module. Then copy and paste the following VBA code into the Code window.
VBA code: Delete all rows except the first header row in Excel
Sub DeleteExceptFirst() Rows("2:" & Rows.Count).ClearContents End Sub
3. Press the F5 key to run the code, then all rows except the first header row are deleted from the active worksheet immediately. See screenshot:
- How to delete all rows below certain row or active cell in Excel?
- How to delete rows if cell is greater/less than a certain value in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!