How to quickly crosshair highlight active cell in Excel?
If there are multiple columns and rows data in a worksheet, have you imaged when you activate a cell, its relative column and row are highlighted? For example, click at F11, and the column F and row 11 are highlighted at the same time as below screenshot shown. Here this article, introduces the quick tricks can to help you crosshair highlight the active cell in Excel.
In Excel, there is no built-in function can help you to crosshair highlight active cell, but here I introduce a VBA can help you to cross highlight the row and column of the active cell.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys to open Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Then in the Project pane, double click at the sheet you want to apply this VBA, and then copy and paste below VBA code to the right script. See screenshot:
Tip: If the Project pane is hidden, click View > Project Explorer in Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window to display it.
VBA: Crosshair highlight active cell.
Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) 'UpdatebyExtendoffice6/1/2016 Application.ScreenUpdating = False With Target .Worksheet.Cells.Interior.ColorIndex = 0 .EntireRow.Interior.Color = vbYellow .EntireColumn.Interior.Color = vbYellow End With Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
3. Then save and close the VBA, and now when you active a cell, its relative row and column are highlighted.
If you want to highlight the active cell only, you can use the following VBA.
VBA: Highlight active cell you select
Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) 'UpdatebyExtendoffice6/1/2016 Application.ScreenUpdating = False Target.Worksheet.Cells.Interior.ColorIndex = 0 Target.Interior.Color = vbYellow Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
Note: In above VBA codes, the ColorIndex can change as you want.
If you are not familiar with VBA, you can try to apply Kutools for Excel’s Reading Layout utility to quickly crosshair highlight active cell.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
Click Kutools > Reading Layout to enable the Reading Layout utility. See screenshot:
1. Click Kutools > Reading Layout again to disable this utility.
2. Click Kutools > Reading Layout > Reading Layout Settings to specify the shapes, styles and colors as you need in the Reading Layout Settings dialog. See screenshot:
Tip: This utility applies to the whole workbook.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!