How to make cell flash red in Excel?
In general, we highlight the cells with different backgrounds to make them out from others, but here, in this article, I introduce a VBA code can make the specific cells flash with red background to outstanding in Excel.
For making cells blink blink to attract users’ attention, here is a VBA code.
1. Enable the sheet you want to flash cells, and press Alt + F11 keys to open Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and then paste below VBA code to the Module script. See screenshot:
VBA: Make cell flash red
Private Sub Flash_Cells() 'UpdatebyExtendoffice20160614 Dim xColor As Integer Dim xCount As Integer Dim xSpeed As Double Dim xStart As Double Dim xDelay As Double Dim xRg As Range Dim xTxt As String Dim xCell As Range On Error Resume Next If ActiveWindow.RangeSelection.Count > 1 Then xTxt = ActiveWindow.RangeSelection.AddressLocal Else xTxt = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.AddressLocal End If Set xRg = Application.InputBox("Select cells", "Kutools for Excel", xTxt, , , , , 8) If xRg Is Nothing Then Exit Sub For Each xCell In xRg If xCell.Value > 4 Then xColor = 3 xSpeed = 0.6 Do Until xCount = 20 DoEvents xStart = Timer xDelay = xStart + xSpeed Do Until Timer > xDelay DoEvents xRg.Interior.ColorIndex = xColor Loop xStart = Timer xDelay = xStart + xSpeed Do Until Timer > xDelay DoEvents xRg.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone Loop xCount = xCount + 1 Loop End If Next End Sub
3. Press F5 key, and a Kutools for Excel dialog pops out for selecting cells you want to make flash, see screenshot:
4. Click OK. Now the selected cell has been flash with red background.
(1) In the VBA code, you can change the background color (xColor = 3), blink speed (xSpeed = 0.6) and blink times (Do Until xCount = 20) as you want.
(2) This VBA code won’t add flash background to blank selection.
(3) This flash background will be removed automatically after the blank times finish.