How to move to next cell after input automatically in Excel?
In this article, I introduce the tricks on automatically moving cursor to next cell to input sequence number without pressing Enter key in Excel.
Here is a VBA code can help you auto move to next right cell after 4-digit inputting without press the Enter key.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys to open Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module and paste below VBA code to the Module script. See screenshot:
VBA: Auto move to next right cell after 4-digit number input.
Sub FourCharEntry1() 'UpdatebyExtendoffice20160614 Dim xStr As String Dim I As Integer Dim K As Integer xStr = Application.InputBox("Enter string", "Kutools for Excel", , , , , , 2) K = 0 Application.ScreenUpdating = False For I = 1 To Len(xStr) Step 4 ActiveCell.Offset(0, K) = "'" & Mid(xStr, I, 4) K = K + 1 Next Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
3. Press F5 key to run the code, and a Kutools for Excel dialog pops out, you can enter the sequence numbers into it without any separator. See screenshot:
4. Click OK. Now every 4 digits have been placed in one cell from left to right.
Tip: If you want to enter 5-digit, 6-digit…into cell, you can change 4 to 5, 6 or others in the code.
With Kutools for Excel – a handy tool, you can auto fill series numbers to a range without press the Enter key by its Insert Sequence Number utility.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than
300handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select a column or a row you want to fill series, and click Kutools > Insert > Insert Sequence Number. See screenshot:
2. In the Insert Sequence Number dialog, click New to expand the dialog. See screenshot:
3. Then specify the series as you need. See screenshot:
4. Click Add > Fill Range, then the selected range has been auto filled with the sequence numbers.
Tip: With Insert Sequence Number utility, you also can insert repeated series. Check End number option in the dialog, enter the ending number you want into the right textbox, and then the series numbers will be filled repeatedly every 10 numbers. See screenshot: