How to protect conditional formatting rules in Excel?
As we all know, other users cannot view the formulas when you share the worksheet if you have formatted formula cells as hidden and then protected the sheet. However, if there are some conditional formatting rules applied in the sheet, other users can view the formula rule of the conditional formatting if they copy and paste the range cells from the protected sheet to another sheet. If you do not want the formulas in the conditional formatting rules to be viewed, here I can introduce a VBA code to help you.
|In some cases, you may have a range of calues with multiple colors, and what you want is to count/sum values based on same color, how can you quickly calculate?
With Kutools for Excel's Count by Color, you can quickly do many calculations by color, and also can generate a report of the calculated result.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
To protect conditional formatting rules from being viewed by copying and pasting to other sheets, there is no direct way. But here is a VBA can prevent users copying from the protected sheet to other sheets.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
1. Press Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Project pane double click at the sheet name you want to prevent copying and pasting to other sheets, and paste below VBA code to the script in the right section. See screenshot:
VBA: prevent copying and pasted cells to other sheets.
Private Sub Worksheet_Deactivate() Application.CutCopyMode = False End Sub
3. Save the code and close the window. From now on, the cells in this protected sheet cannot be copied and pasted to other sheets.