How to align dollar sign left in Excel?
Convert currency into English words:
With Kutools for Excel's Spell Out Numbers feature, you can quickly convert currency into English or Chinese words as you need.
Align dollar sign or other currency symbols left with Format Cells function
To have the currency symbol appear on the left of the cell, you can apply the Format Cells feature to customize a format. Please do as follows:
1. Select the number currency list, and right click, then choose Format Cells from the context menu, see screenshot:
2. In the Format Cells dialog box, click Number tab, and click Custom from the Category pane, then enter this _($* #,##0.00_);_($* (#,##0.00);_($* ""-""??_);_(@_) into the Type text box, see screenshot:
Note: You can change the $ sign to any other currency symbols, such as €, ￥ as you need.
3. Then click OK button, and all the dollar signs have been aligned on the left of the cells, see screenshot:
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than
300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by
50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!