How to apply color banded rows or columns in Excel?
This article will show you three methods of applying color banded rows or columns in Excel. Please do as follows.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
You can create a conditional formatting rule to apply banded rows or columns in Excel.
1. Select the range you want to apply banded rows or columns, then click Conditional Formatting > New Rule under Home tab.
2. In the New Formatting Rule dialog box, please do as follows:
2.1 Select Use a formula to determine which cells to format option in the Select a Rule Type box;
2.2 For applying banded rows, please enter formula =MOD(ROW(),2)=0 into the Format values where this formula is true box;
For applying banded columns, please use this formula =MOD(COLUMN(),2)=0.
2.3 Click the Format button to specify a banded color as you need and then click the OK button;
2.4 Click the OK button in the New Formatting Rule dialog box.
Then you can see the selected range is banded with specified background color as below screenshot shown.
Besides the above method, you can apply banded rows or columns with inserting table in selected range.
1. Select the range you want to apply banded rows or columns to, then click Insert > Table.
2. In the popping up Create Table dialog box, click the OK button.
3. Then the Design tab is displayed, if you want to apply color banded rows, please check the Banded Rows box in the Table Style Options group, otherwise, check the Banded Columns box. See screenshot:
With the Alternate Row / Column Shading utility of Kutools for Excel, you can easily apply color banded rows or columns to specified range in Excel.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
1. Select the range you need to apply banded rows or columns to, then click Kutools > Format > Alternate Row / Column Shading. See screenshot:
2. In the Alternate Row / Column Shading dialog box, please do the following configurations:
2.1 Specify a banded color as you need in the Shade color drop-down list;
2.2 Select the Rows or Columns option in the Apply shading to section based on your needs;
2.3 In the Shading method section, select Conditional formatting or Standard formatting option;
2.4 Enter the alternate number of the banded rows or columns in the Shade every box;
2.5 Click the OK button. See screenshot:
Now the selected range are color banded as below screenshot shown.
Note: For removing all conditional formatting or background shading, the Remove existing alternate row shading option can help you. See screenshot: