How to remove/delete all spaces after the last character in Excel?
For deleting all spaces after the last character (trailing spaces) from cells, what would you do? This article will show you two methods to deal with it.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
The following VBA code can help you remove all spaces after the last character from cells.
1. Select the cells you need to remove all spaces after the last character, and then press Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, please click Insert > Module. Then copy and paste the following VBA code into the Module window.
VBA code: Remove all spaces after the last character
Sub NoSpaces() Dim xRg As Range Dim xTxt As String Dim xCell As Range On Error Resume Next If ActiveWindow.RangeSelection.Count > 1 Then xTxt = ActiveWindow.RangeSelection.AddressLocal Else xTxt = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.AddressLocal End If Set xRg = Application.InputBox("Please select range:", "Kutools for Excel", xTxt, , , , , 8) If xRg Is Nothing Then Exit Sub Application.ScreenUpdating = False For Each xCell In xRg xCell.Value = RTrim(xCell.Value) Next Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
3. Press the F5 key to run the code, then a Kutools for Excel dialog box pops up, please select the range you need to remove all spaces after the last character, and then click the OK button.
Now all spaces after the last character of selected cells are removed immediately.
In this section, we will recommend you the Remove Spaces utility of Kutools for Excel. With this utility, you can remove not only the trailing spaces, but any kind of spaces such as leading or excess spaces with only clicks as you need.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
1. Select the range of cells which you need to remove all spaces after the last character. Then click Kutools > Text > Remove Spaces. See screenshot:
2. In the Remove Spaces dialog box, please select the Trailing spaces option, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then all spaces after the last character of selected cells are removed at once.
Note: If you want to remove all leading spaces or other spaces as you need, please select the corresponding option in the Remove Spaces dialog box, and the apply the function.