How to remove/delete all spaces after the last character in Excel?
For deleting all spaces after the last character (trailing spaces) from cells, what would you do? This article will show you two methods to deal with it.
The following VBA code can help you remove all spaces after the last character from cells.
1. Select the cells you need to remove all spaces after the last character, and then press Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, please click Insert > Module. Then copy and paste the following VBA code into the Module window.
VBA code: Remove all spaces after the last character
Sub NoSpaces() Dim xRg As Range Dim xTxt As String Dim xCell As Range On Error Resume Next If ActiveWindow.RangeSelection.Count > 1 Then xTxt = ActiveWindow.RangeSelection.AddressLocal Else xTxt = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.AddressLocal End If Set xRg = Application.InputBox("Please select range:", "Kutools for Excel", xTxt, , , , , 8) If xRg Is Nothing Then Exit Sub Application.ScreenUpdating = False For Each xCell In xRg xCell.Value = RTrim(xCell.Value) Next Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
3. Press the F5 key to run the code, then a Kutools for Excel dialog box pops up, please select the range you need to remove all spaces after the last character, and then click the OK button.
Now all spaces after the last character of selected cells are removed immediately.
In this section, we will recommend you the Remove Spaces utility of Kutools for Excel. With this utility, you can remove not only the trailing spaces, but any kind of spaces such as leading or excess spaces with only clicks as you need.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select the range of cells which you need to remove all spaces after the last character. Then click Kutools > Text > Remove Spaces. See screenshot:
2. In the Remove Spaces dialog box, please select the Trailing spaces option, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then all spaces after the last character of selected cells are removed at once.
Note: If you want to remove all leading spaces or other spaces as you need, please select the corresponding option in the Remove Spaces dialog box, and the apply the function.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!