How to synchronously input or select cells across multiple sheets?
In Excel, to select or input a value into one cell is very simple, but how about synchronously selecting or inputting value to same cells across sheets in a workbook? Here I introduce the quick tricks on solving this problem.
|With Kutools for Excel's Synchronize Worksheets, you can select the same cell or same range across multiple sheets in a workbook. See screenshot:|
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
In Excel, to synchronously input cells across multiple sheets, do as below:
1. Enable the workbook you need, and then hold Ctrl key to select the sheet tabs that you want to synchronously input values, see screenshot:
2. Then select a cell in active sheet, and input the value you want. See screenshot:
Then you can see every cell B10 in the selected sheets has been input same value. See screenshot:
Tip: If you want to automatically update the cells, you can do as below:
1. Select a sheet, Sheet 1 for example, and select one cell, for instance, B10, and then enter the value you want, see screenshot:
2. Hold Ctrl key to select all sheet tabs you will synchronize cells excluding the Sheet1, go to one selected sheet, and enter this formula =Sheet1!B10 into the cell B10, see screenshot:
3. Press Enter key, now all B10 in selected sheets will be changed as B10 in Sheet1 changes.
If you want to synchronously select same cells across sheets in the workbook, you can apply Kutools for Excel’s Synchronize Worksheets utility.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
Select the cell you want to synchronously select across sheets in the active sheet, F1 for instance, and click Enterprise > Worksheet > Synchronize Worksheets. See screenshot:
Now, every F1 in each sheet has been selected.