How to insert formula result in Excel comment?
Inserting comment to the cells maybe help you to descript some contents definitely, but have you ever tried to insert the formula result to the comment when the comment cell is applying a formula as below screenshot shown? In Excel, except entering the formula result into comment manually, there is no built-in function to solve it. But here I introduce some interesting tricks which can do you a favor on it.
Convert Comment and Cell
|Kutools for Excel's Convert Comment and Cell utility can quickly insert or convert cell content to comment or vice versa.|
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Here is a VBA code can help you to quickly insert a comment with the formula result of the active cell.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys to open Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste below code to the Module script.
VBA: Insert comment with formula result
Sub ValueToComment() 'Updateby20160711Extendoffice Dim xRg As Range Dim xTxt As String Dim xCell As Range On Error Resume Next If ActiveWindow.RangeSelection.Count > 1 Then xTxt = ActiveWindow.RangeSelection.AddressLocal Else xTxt = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.AddressLocal End If Set xRg = Application.InputBox("Select cells you want to insert comment with formula result:", "Kutools for Excel", xTxt, , , , , 8) If xRg Is Nothing Then Exit Sub On Error Resume Next Application.ScreenUpdating = False For Each xCell In xRg If xCell.HasFormula Then xCell.Comment.Delete xCell.AddComment CStr(xCell.Value) End If Next Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
3. Press F5 key to run the code, a dialog pops out to remind you to select cells you want to insert comments with their formula results. See screenshot:
4. Click OK, and comments are created with the displayed results of corresponding formulas.
To insert the formula result to comment, you can apply Kutools for Excel’s Convert Comment and Cell utility to directly insert cell contents to the comment.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select the formula cells you want to insert the formula results as comments and click Kutools > More > Convert Comment and Cell. See screenshot:
2. And in the prompt dialog, check Insert content of cell into comment option, see screenshot:
3. Click Ok. And you can see all cell contents have been inserted into the corresponding comments. See screenshot:
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 months agoIch habe eine Frage zu dem VBA. Ist es auch möglich dort einen Sverweis zu integrieren? Wenn ja, wie?