How to highlight rows based on multiple cell values in Excel?
Normally, in Excel, we can apply the Conditional Formatting to highlight the cells or rows based on a cell value. But, sometimes, you may need to highlight the rows based on multiple cell values. For example, I have a data range, now, I want to highlight the rows which product is KTE and order is greater than 100 as following screenshot shown. How could you solve this job in Excel as quickly as you can?
The Conditional Formatting feature can help you to finish this job, please do as follows:
1. Select the data range that you want to highlight the specific rows.
2. And then click Home > Conditional Formatting > New Rule, in the New Formatting Rule dialog box, do the following operations:
(1.) Click Use a formula to determine which cells to format under the Select a Rule Type box;
(2.) Then enter this formula: =AND($A2="KTE", $B2>100) (A2 and B2 are the first data cells in the columns that contain the criteria you want to highlight, and the “KTE” and “>100” are the conditions which you want to highlight rows based on. ) into the Format values where this formula is true text box;
(3.) At last, click Format button.
3. Then go to the Format Cells dialog box, under the Fill tab, choose one background color you like to highlight, see screenshot:
4. And then click OK > OK to close the dialogs, now, you can see the rows which product is KTE and order is greater than 100 have been highlighted at once, see screenshot:
Note: If you want to highlight the rows which product is not KTE and the order is less than 100, you just need to apply this formula: =AND($A2<>"KTE", $B2<100,$B2<>"") into the Conditional Formatting, and you will get the following result:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!