How to stay in the same cell after pressing the Enter key in Excel?
Normally, when you finish the content in a cell and press Enter key, the cursor will be moved to the next cell by default. But, sometimes, you just need stay in the same cell after pressing the Enter key. This article, I will introduce you some quick tricks to solve this job in Excel.
In Excel, you can go to the Excel Options to set the option for changing the direction of the cursor after pressing the Enter key, please do as follows:
1. Click File > Options to go the Excel Options dialog.
2. In the Excel Options dialog box, click Advanced from the left pane, and in the right list box, under the Editing options section, uncheck After pressing Enter, move selection, see screenshot:
3. And then click OK button, from now on, when you enter the content into a cell and press Enter key, the input cell is still selected but not move.
In Excel, you can also use shortcut keys to solve this task.
After entering the content, please press Ctrl + Enter keys together instead of just Enter key, and you can see the entered cell is still selected.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!