How to blink or flash text of specified cell in Excel?
For making a certain cell outstanding in your worksheet, how about blinking the text of this cell? This article will show you method of blinking the text of a specified cell in Excel.
Please do as follows to blink the text of a specified cell in Excel.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert > Module. Then copy and paste the following code into the Code window.
VBA code: Blinking text of specified cell in Excel
Sub StartBlink() 'Updated by ExtendOffice 20181010 Dim xCell As Range Dim xTime As Variant On Error Resume Next Set xCell = Range("Sheet2!A1") On Error Resume Next If xCell.Font.Color = vbRed Then xCell.Font.Color = vbWhite Else xCell.Font.Color = vbRed End If xTime = Now + TimeSerial(0, 0, 1) Application.OnTime xTime, "'" & ThisWorkbook.Name & "'!StartBlink", , True End Sub
Note: in this VBA code, Sheet2 and A1 indicate the text in cell A1 of Sheet2 will be blinked in current workbook.
3. Press the Alt + Q keys simultaneously to close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
Now you need a button to start and stop the blinking.
4. Click Developer > Insert > Button (Form Control). See screenshot:
5. Draw a button in your worksheet, then an Assign Macro dialog box pops up, please click StartBlink in the Macro name box, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
6. Right click the inserted button, and click Edit Text from the right-clicking menu. Then change the button text to the text you need such as Start / Stop Blinking.
From now on, when clicking on the button, the text of cell A1 starts blinking. And when clicking on the button again, the text of cell A1 stops blinking.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!