How to move or convert column headers to row headers in Excel?
Sometimes you may need to move or convert column headers to row headers, and switch the corresponding data together as below screenshot shown. It is easy to achieve with the Paste Special feature of Excel.
Please do as follows to convert column headers to row headers in Excel.
1. Please select the table data which you need to convert the column headers to rows, and then copy the table by pressing the Ctrl + C keys simultaneously.
2. Right click a blank cell where you want to place the converted table, then click Paste Special > Paste Special. See screenshot:
3. In the Paste Special dialog box, check the Transpose box, and then click the OK button.
Now the column headers and the row headers of selected table are switched as below screenshot shown.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!