How to delete rows if column contains values from the to remove list in Excel?
Remove rows if contains value from the remove list with formula and Filter
Remove rows if contains value from the remove list with Kutools for Excel
Select Same & Different Cells utility （can compare two ranges, and select and color the same values or different values.）
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
Here I introduce a formula to identify the rows which contains values from the To Remove List in another sheet, then you can choose to delete the rows or filter them out.
1. In Sheet1, select a blank cell next to the name list, B2 for instance, and enter this formula =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!A:A,1,FALSE)),"Keep","Delete"), drag auto fill handle down to apply this formula to the cells. If the cell displays Keep, it means that the row does not contain the values in To Remove List, If show as Delete, you need to remove the row. See screenshot:
Tip: in the formula, A2 is the first value in the list you want to check if contains values in To Remove List, and Sheet2!A:A is the column includes To Remove List values, you can change them as you need.
2. Then select the first cell of the formula column, B1, and click Data > Filter. See screenshot:
3. Click at the Filter icon in formula column to expand the Filter list, check Keep only, and click the OK button. Now the rows containing values in To Remove List have been hidden. See screenshot:
Note: Also you can filter out the rows containing values in To Remove List, and select them by pressing Ctrl, and right click to select Delete Row to remove them. See screenshot:
If you have Kutools for Excel – a handy multi-functional tool, you can quickly find the rows which contain values from the other list by Select Same & Different Cells feature and then remove them by yourself.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select the name list and click Kutools > Select > Select Same & Different Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the Select Same & Different Cells dialog, click in the According to (Range B) to select the cells in To Remove List of Sheet2. See screenshot:
3. Select Each row in the Based on section, and check Same Values in the Find section, and check Select entire rows option in the bottom. If you want the selected rows are more outstanding, you can check Fill backcolor or Fill font color and specify a color for the same values. See screenshot:
Tip: If the compare ranges includes headers, you can check My data has headers option to compare without headers.
3. Click Ok. Now the rows which contains the values in To Remove List have been selected. See screenshot:
Now you can delete them.