How to quickly count the number of all opened workbooks?
Sometimes, you may open multiple workbooks at the same time for working. But have you ever imaged to count the number of all opened workbooks? In this article, I introduce some tricks on counting opened workbooks and sheets in active workbook.
To count the number of opened workbooks, here is a macro code to help you.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys to open Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste below code to the blank script. See screenshot:
Code: Count number of opened workbooks.
Sub CountBooks() MsgBox Workbooks.Count End Sub
3. Press F5 key to run the code, a dialog pops out to remind you the number of opened workbooks.
To count the number of workbooks is used rarely in Excel work, in most cases, you may want to count the number of sheets in the active workbook. To solve this job quickly, you can display Kutools for Excel’s Navigation pane.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
Click Kutools > Navigation to enable the Navigation pane, and then click Workbook & sheet icon to expand the pane. Now you can view all opened workbooks in the upper part of pane, and select one workbook, the relative sheets names are listing in the bottom part of the pane, and the number of the sheets is displayed at the bottom. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!