- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 22 days agoFormat to [h]:mm;@
It worked for me... took a while though!
How to add or sum times over 24 hours in Excel?
Normally, when adding or summing times in Excel, you will get the finally calculated result within 24 hours as the left screenshot shown. How about adding or summing times over 24 hours to display the real result? This article can help you.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
You just need to change the format of result cell to achieve it. Please do as follows.
1. After summing the times, select and right click the result cell, then select Format Cells from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
2. In the Format Cells dialog box, go to the Number tab, select Custom in the Category box, then enter [HH]:MM or [HH]:MM:SS into the Type box, and finally click the OK button. See screenshot:
Now the result of summing times is displayed over 24 hours as below screenshot shown.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 9 months agohello my question is if i want to all time values in a specific cell and to restrict if time value is more than 24:00:00 then show dialog box error alert message etc Please any one help me...
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoWhat would you use if you had to sum these? I just need the total hours but am unable to find a solution. Ideas?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoGood day,
Sorry can't help you with that.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThank you!!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoAnd it save my problem also. So easy when you know how! :-)
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoThis thread solved my problem. Thanks a lot