How to add or sum times over 24 hours in Excel?
Normally, when adding or summing times in Excel, you will get the finally calculated result within 24 hours as the left screenshot shown. How about adding or summing times over 24 hours to display the real result? This article can help you.
You just need to change the format of result cell to achieve it. Please do as follows.
1. After summing the times, select and right click the result cell, then select Format Cells from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
2. In the Format Cells dialog box, go to the Number tab, select Custom in the Category box, then enter [HH]:MM or [HH]:MM:SS into the Type box, and finally click the OK button. See screenshot:
Now the result of summing times is displayed over 24 hours as below screenshot shown.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 months agoDanke für den Hinweis. :-)Thank you so much!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHey there, I am a beginner Excel user. I am trying to understand the use of double quotation mark for duration of time in formulas. Double quotation converts the numbers to text, right? But I am able to use it and it says as numbers in this formula; let's say there is 20:00:00, and I want to substract this from 30 hours. My formula would be ="30:00:00"-A2 and it works perfect! So here double quotation doesn't convert it to text. However, when I use double quotation in an IF formula inside a calculated field in pivottable, it doesn't work. For example: =IF('Field 1'>="1:00:00",1,0) Could you please explain and help me understand why I can not use double quotation in the if formula but I can use it when I substract it? I have been trying to understand this for 3 days... Going crazy. Thanks al lot...
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agohello my question is if i want to all time values in a specific cell and to restrict if time value is more than 24:00:00 then show dialog box error alert message etc Please any one help me...
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoFormat to [h]:mm;@
It worked for me... took a while though!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoWhat would you use if you had to sum these? I just need the total hours but am unable to find a solution. Ideas?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 months agothis is my problem to!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoGood day,
Sorry can't help you with that.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoThank you!!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoAnd it save my problem also. So easy when you know how! :-)
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoThis thread solved my problem. Thanks a lot