How to sort data by column headers instead of rows in Excel?
Generally, we can easily sort data by rows in ascending or descending order. However, have you ever tried to sort data by column headers? This means that you need to sort data horizontally as below screenshot shown.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Actually, there is an option in Sort function can help you to sort data by column headers.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
1. Select the data range you want to sort by column heads, and click Data > Sort. See screenshot:
2. In the popping Sort dialog, uncheck My data has headers, and click Options to display the Sort Options dialog, and check Sort left to right. See screenshot:
3. Click OK. And then select Row 1 from the Row drop down list, and specify the Sort on and Order as you need. See screenshot:
4. Click OK. Now the selected range has been sorted by column headers.
You maybe interested in this utility:
Advanced Sort -- By Last Name (sort data based on criteria, such as sort by text length, sort by last name. sort by absolute value and so on.)