How to force formula to always use same cell in Excel?
In many cases, you may need to use the same reference cells in formulas after changing the position of the formula cell. This article will show you two methods of forcing formula to always use same cell reference in Excel.
For forcing formula to always use same reference cell, you need to convert the reference cell to absolute. The F4 key helps you easily make single reference cell absolute in a formula. Please do as follows.
1. Select the formula cell to display the formula in the Formula Bar. Click on the reference cell you want to always use in the formula, and then press the F4 key.
Then you can see the specified reference cell is changed to absolute.
For other reference cells, please repeat the above step.
If you want to change all reference cells to absolute in a range, please try the Convert Refers utility of Kutools for Excel.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select the range with formulas you need to force to always use same reference cells, then click Kutools > More > Convert Refers. See screenshot:
2. In the Convert Formula References dialog box, select the To absolute option, and then click the OK button.
Then all cell references in selected formula cells are converted to absolute at once.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!