How to prevent page break across merged cells in Excel?
As below screenshot shown, sometimes, when printing worksheet, you may find some vertically merged cells are split onto two pages due to the page break line breaks across the merged cells. How to prevent page breaks splitting any merged cells? And keep these merged cells printed together on a page? This article can help you.
You can manually adjust the position of the page break line to prevent page break across merged cells in your worksheet.
1. Open the Page Break Preview in your worksheet by clicking the Page Break Preview button on the Status Bar. See screenshot:
2. Then you can see all page break lines are displayed as a thick blue line under the Page Break Preview.
Please drag the corresponding page break line (which breaks across the merged cell) up or down to adjust its position until the merged cell displaying together on a page. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!