How to reorder position of columns in table in Excel?
In many cases, you need to reorder the position of columns in a table in order to make this table more clearly while reading. This article will show you methods of reordering position of columns in a table in details.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
As below screenshot shown, you need to move the date column before the Name column in the table. Please do as follows.
1. Select the column range you need to reorder the position, then put the cursor on the right border of the selection.
2. Meanwhile, holding the Shift key, you can see the cursor turns into a cross arrow, please drag the selected column to the new position. Here we drag the Date column before the Name column.
3. Then drop the selected column when it arrives the new position. Then you can see the selected column is reordered as below screenshot shown.
You can reorder the position by cutting the selected column and then pasting it into your needed position in a table. Please do as follows.
1. Select and right click the column range you need to reorder its position, and then click the Cut option from the right clicking menu. See screenshot:
2. Select the column you want the cutting column to be placed before it, then right click and select Insert Cut Cells from the right clicking menu. See screenshot:
Then the selected column range is reordered in the table.
If you want to exchange the position of two column ranges, the Swap Ranges utility of Kutools for Excel can help you to quickly solve it.
1. Select the two column ranges with holding the Ctrl key, then click Kutools > Range > Swap Ranges. See screenshot:
2. In the Swap Ranges dialog box, you can see the two selected column ranges are separately listed in the Swaps Range 1 and the Swap Range 2 boxes, and you just need to click the OK button.
Then the position of two selected columns are exchanged immediately in table.
If you want to have a free trial of this utility, please go to free download the software first, and then go to apply the operation according above steps.