How to reorder position of columns in table in Excel?
In many cases, you need to reorder the position of columns in a table in order to make this table more clearly while reading. This article will show you methods of reordering position of columns in a table in details.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
As below screenshot shown, you need to move the date column before the Name column in the table. Please do as follows.
1. Select the column range you need to reorder the position, then put the cursor on the right border of the selection.
2. Meanwhile, holding the Shift key, you can see the cursor turns into a cross arrow, please drag the selected column to the new position. Here we drag the Date column before the Name column.
3. Then drop the selected column when it arrives the new position. Then you can see the selected column is reordered as below screenshot shown.
You can reorder the position by cutting the selected column and then pasting it into your needed position in a table. Please do as follows.
1. Select and right click the column range you need to reorder its position, and then click the Cut option from the right clicking menu. See screenshot:
2. Select the column you want the cutting column to be placed before it, then right click and select Insert Cut Cells from the right clicking menu. See screenshot:
Then the selected column range is reordered in the table.
If you want to exchange the position of two column ranges, the Swap Ranges utility of Kutools for Excel can help you to quickly solve it.
1. Select the two column ranges with holding the Ctrl key, then click Kutools > Range > Swap Ranges. See screenshot:
2. In the Swap Ranges dialog box, you can see the two selected column ranges are separately listed in the Swaps Range 1 and the Swap Range 2 boxes, and you just need to click the OK button.
Then the position of two selected columns are exchanged immediately in table.
If you want to have a free trial of this utility, please go to free download the software first, and then go to apply the operation according above steps.