How to check if time difference greater than a specific time?
If you have two columns which contain start time and end time, now, you may want to check if the two time difference greater than a specific time (for example, 30 minutes). The time difference is greater than 30 minutes, please display TRUE, if not, FALSE is displayed as following screenshot shown. How could you check the time difference if it greater than a specific time in Excel?
The following formulas may help you to check the time difference if it greater than a specified time as you need. Please do as this:
Enter any one of the following formulas into a blank cell where you want to locate the result:
=IF(B2 > A2 + TIME(0,30,0),TRUE,FALSE)
=MROUND(B2 - A2, 1/86400) >= "0:30:00" * 1
And then drag the fill handle down to the cells that you want to apply this formula, if the two time difference is greater than 30 minutes, a TRUE is displayed, if not, a FALSE is displayed, see screenshot:
1. A2 and B2 is the start time and end time cells.
2. 0, 30, 0 indicate the time difference of hour, minute and second that you want to check based on, you can modify them to your need.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!