How to create a sheet if not exist in the workbook?
Supposing, you have a workbook which contains multiple worksheets, now, you need to determine if a specific worksheet name exists. If the worksheet name does not exist, please create it. If it exists, please give a prompt message to tell you the sheet exists. How could you solve this task in Excel?
The following VBA code can help you to check a specific worksheet name if exists in the workbook, if not, the code may create the sheet as you need.
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: Create a sheet if not exist in workbook:
Sub TestSheetCreate() 'Updateby Extendoffice Dim newSheetName As String Dim checkSheetName As String newSheetName = Application.InputBox("Input Sheet Name:", "Kutools for Excel", _ "sheet4", , , , , 2) On Error Resume Next checkSheetName = Worksheets(newSheetName).Name If checkSheetName = "" Then Worksheets.Add.Name = newSheetName MsgBox "The sheet named ''" & newSheetName & _ "'' does not exist in this workbook but it has been created now.", _ vbInformation, "Kutools for Excel" Else MsgBox "The sheet named ''" & newSheetName & _ "''exist in this workbook.", vbInformation, "Kutools for Excel" End If End Sub
3. And then press F5 key to run this code, a prompt box is popped out to remind you enter the sheet name that you want to check, see screenshot:
4. Then click OK button:
(1.) If the sheet exists, a prompt box will pop out to remind you as following screenshot shown:
(2.) If the sheet does not exist, it will be created at once, see screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!